Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Day Four: Quote for the Day...

Well, we had barely finished breakfast before I heard my quote for the day! We were standing in line at Peppercorns to pay for the all you can eat breakfast buffet we had just finished eating. Rayna spyed the candy-bar display beneath the cash register and chirped up in a famished four year old voice, "Can I have a snack?"

That has to be one of the mysteries of childhood...the ability to walk out of an all you can eat buffet and be famished moments later!

After leaving Peppercorns, we took our starving daughter and our other two children window shopping. We found out that the Grand Village Shops are no longer owned by Silver Dollar City (good-bye 30% discount that was always so nice to have!). It was the most beautiful day since our arrival...warmer and such bright, utterly cloudless skies! After a bit of shopping, we played a round of miniature golf. Grant and I had fun remembering back to the time we played miniature golf down here three years ago when not quite two year old Rayna was in desperate need of sleep...rather than being grouchy she was just plain giddy...trembling all over as she raced in manic little circles. She was like an overwound toy about to spring apart. It was such a strange site...and one we have never since witnessed from our daughter. Today, she was older and better rested, so we didn't get that funny visual during our game this year...but, I guess we will never be able to play miniature golf with Rayna without remembering back to that evening when she was so tiny and so giddily, joyfully frantic. Today we took the video camera along...so in years to come we will be able to chuckle over today's footage. Darcy made more hole in one's than anyone else. Doug and Rayna kept holding their clubs backwards and playing something that looked more like hockey than miniature golf!

This afternoon, we took a long nap at the hotel. Well, Grant, Rayna, and I did. Darcy blogged. Doug watched old Gunsmoke re-runs. Ahhh...vacations are wonderful!

A few snapshots from our day (including our hike in Henning State Park and a bit of the view from the old lookout tower there)...

2 comments:

Jean said...

I am just sitting her thinking of the WONDERFUL memories you are making for/with your children. There will be looks back at the pages in time for many, many years ahead.

Vivian said...

I came upon your blog from a link on another blog. I spent part of my childhood in an "education camp" in JiangXi province, now feel forever tied to that place. Thank you for providing a wonderful life for these children.

I want to put a link of your blog to mine, hope you don't mind.