Frankie and Anni
Actually, I guess the name of the town we stayed in last night was PittsFIELD, not Pittsville! And, in all fairness, it was a very picturesque town. I was just bummed this morning when I realized Rayna was coming down with a virus just in time to thwart our visit. Actually we have seen a lot of really beautiful scenery the last two days. The trees around Columbia, Missouri were absolutely gorgeous...flaming oranges and reds with brilliant yellows perched high above rocky cliffs. The landscape through Illinois has also been beautiful. Tonight, as we were leaving Moreena's house, we saw one of the most vivid red sunsets I have ever seen.





It was great seeing Reena, Annika, and Frankie again (and getting to say "Hi" to Joerg in passing!). Darcy stayed in the van with the Rayna and Doug for the first couple hours of my visit--watching a new movie I bought for them on our little DVD player ("The Fox and The Hound"). Then, Darcy took her turn inside the house visiting with Annika and Frankie while Moreena and I stayed outside with Rayna and Doug. Rayna and Doug got to play in Aunt Reena's back yard where their cousins have quite an elaborate gymn set, sandbox, and playhouse. Frankie really wanted to come out and play with her cousins (she LOVES playing outside), but she enjoyed playing with Darcy inside, anyway. Later, Aunt Reena came with the girls and I to eat at a Chinese buffet before we headed back towards home. We wound up getting about a five hour visit in...more than I had thought we would be able to get in this morning when I discovered Rayna wasn't feeling well. 
Rayna is doing okay. At the moment, she is happily eating ice cubes as she sits in our hotel room watching "Mutant Ninja Turtles" with her older brother on the little DVD player. Meanwhile, some show about parasitic animals is playing on the TV (on animal planet) and Darcy is at the desk typing away on her computer and I am here on my computer. We will finish the drive home tomorrow.

It was so good to see Frankie and Anni again. Thinking back, it seems that I never get to visit with Anni when she is feeling pretty good. Rather than getting to see her at home, most times, I have wound up seeing her when she is in the hospital instead. It was awfully good to be able to see her at home today.











1 comment:
Those are great photos! Wow. I can't believe you already got it written up before you were even home! You are too productive! I think the visit went amazingly well, given the circumstances. I'm glad we played it safe, since Annika might be having some small bleeding again. Not surprising, since these things usually start up after she's sick. Anyway, I'm glad we were safe about making sure she didn't get direct exposure to maybe a new virus.
It was great to see you! And I hope maybe you all can come and use our new "guest suite" some time!
Post a Comment