Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Quote for the Day:

My four year old explained her selective hearing thusly this morning:
"I can't hear you. I can't cause I don't got no hearing aides!"

What a deprived child!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, you terrible mommy for not making her wear unneeded assistive devices! (Sorry, your post cracked me up, since I have always had the opposite problem as an educational audiologist - can't get them to WEAR the aids in the first place!)

Reminds me of my three-year-old last night, who, when I asked her to put her wrapper in the trash by herself, said, "I can't. Hurt my finger yesterday." Of course, she's holding up a perfectly intact finger that she also happens to be using to very deftly sort her Skittles by color...

Poor babies.

Anonymous said...

Kids ARE too funny, aren't they? What would we ever do without them?!

Sounds like your three year old and my four year old are on the same wave length and share the exact same sense of logic!

My youngest would be delighted with hearing aides...seen as a much desired fashion accessory in her world where grandparents sporting such wonders are the ultimate!

~Monica