Time Out
(Oh...I mentioned in my overly LONG account from the 17th that there were "hundreds and hundreds of kids in line with their parents" to see the Santa Train Santa at Union Station... and that it looked like the wait would be at least two hours if not three to make it through that line, thus, we decided not to worry about seeing Santa afterall?...well, I missed the mark by a LONG ways when I estimated the number of children in line! Grant's co-worker (the Mrs. Santa to the Santa Train Santa) said they spoke with over FOUR THOUSAND children that one day they were here in Kansas City! FOUR THOUSAND!!! That is not counting the myriads of children, like ours, whose parents saw that astounding line and changed their plans about seeing Santa! Incredible!)
(a few scenes from Sunday night's Christmas program)
(Rayna is looking a bit sad in her lamb costume because she had her heart set on being a HORSE!-- above photo, bottom row, far right! --The disappointments of childhood!)
I feel terrible that I have neglected my blog so much the last week or so. I am afraid that the trend will have to continue until after Christmas. I am just SO FAR BEHIND with the presents we are making that I don't know how I am going to get them finished in time! So, every spare minute is going towards that endeavor. I will get back to daily blogging after Christmas!
I hope you all have a blessed Christmas.
(We took the kids to see "Nativity Story" at the movies last night. It was really good. If you haven't seen it, I would recommend it! It is so seldom that there are multiple good movies out at once...Hollywood isn't very kid-friendly even when they are making "kid" movies, in my opinion....but there are actually several movies playing right now that I have only heard good things about. Doug's second grade class is taking a field trip tomorrow to see "Charlotte's Web" and our dear friend Lisa is taking Rayna out tonight, to see "Charlotte's Web" (a "Lisa/Rayna Day" event!). It is nice that there is a variety of good movies playing right now! Lisa is a huge Rocky fan and she is dying to see the new Rocky movie, too. Grant says he has heard that it is really good, too. I can't imagine a Rocky movie that I would like, but, I may have to go see this one...I think Grant wants to see it! And, we saw a preview last night for "In Pursuit of Happyness" and I thought it looked like a movie I'd really like to see, too. Well, enough rambling...got to get back to working on meeting my deadline!!!)











1 comment:
Doug's face is just so sweet. I love your kids dearly but I think Doug tugs at my heart the most. I wish I had known about the play. I would have loved to have seen it.
Post a Comment