Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Huh?

Now this is just plain odd. I spent almost an hour writing an e-letter to a friend of mine only to have her call me a little later that morning and ask me, "Monica, why did you send me an e-mail in Chinese?" She told me that there were a few English words here and there, but that it was mostly Chinese and she couldn't make heads nor tails from it! Baffled, I turned my computer on and went to my "sent" folder where a copy of every e-mail I send it automatically saved. I thought I would just resend her the rather lengthy letter. To my disappointment, the version in my sent folder, was ALSO corrupted. Isn't that WEIRD! Do you think I have some sort of virus or something embedded in my e-mail program that it inserting itself into e-mails I send out...replacing most of my original text with all those Chinese characters? Anyone out there read Chinese?...What is all the writing below? My guess is it is advertisement for some product....Spam taking over my outgoing e-mails! (See below!):

਍㰀䠀吀䴀䰀 搀椀爀㴀氀琀爀㸀㰀䠀䔀䄀䐀㸀㰀吀䤀吀䰀䔀㸀氀椀渀欀 琀漀 琀栀攀 戀氀漀最㰀⼀吀䤀吀䰀䔀㸀ഀഀ ਍㰀䴀䔀吀䄀 挀漀渀琀攀渀琀㴀∀䴀匀䠀吀䴀䰀 㘀⸀  ⸀㈀㤀  ⸀㌀ ㈀ ∀ 渀愀洀攀㴀䜀䔀一䔀刀䄀吀伀刀㸀㰀⼀䠀䔀䄀䐀㸀ഀഀ ਍㰀䐀䤀嘀㸀䰀椀猀愀Ⰰ 䤀 樀甀猀琀 最漀琀 礀漀甀爀 洀攀猀猀愀最攀 琀栀椀猀 洀漀爀渀椀渀最⸀☀渀戀猀瀀㬀 匀漀洀攀琀椀洀攀猀Ⰰ 愀渀礀 洀漀爀攀Ⰰ 䤀 最漀 ഀഀ for several days or more between e-mail checks....so, I am glad I got your ਍洀攀猀猀愀最攀 愀猀 猀漀漀渀 愀猀 䤀 搀椀搀⸀☀渀戀猀瀀㬀 ⠀䤀 栀愀瘀攀 戀攀攀渀 最攀琀琀椀渀最 猀瀀愀洀洀攀搀 猀漀 栀漀爀爀椀戀氀礀 琀栀愀琀 椀琀 ഀഀ isn't unusual for me to get 38 or so e-mails at a time and 36 of them to be ਍猀瀀愀洀⸀☀渀戀猀瀀㬀 䴀愀欀攀猀 礀漀甀 氀攀猀猀 搀椀氀椀最攀渀琀 愀戀漀甀琀 挀栀攀挀欀椀渀最 礀漀甀爀 攀ⴀ洀愀椀氀℀⤀㰀⼀䐀䤀嘀㸀ഀഀ

਍㰀䐀䤀嘀㸀䰀椀猀愀Ⰰ 栀漀眀 洀愀渀礀 琀椀洀攀猀 搀漀 䤀 渀攀攀搀 琀漀 琀攀氀氀 礀漀甀⸀⸀⸀⸀䌀䄀䰀䰀℀℀℀☀渀戀猀瀀㬀 䤀 䔀一䨀伀夀 琀愀氀欀椀渀最 ഀഀ to you. In fact, I tried calling you yesterday evening (left a lame ਍洀攀猀猀愀最攀 愀戀漀甀琀 嘀椀漀氀攀琀✀猀 欀攀渀渀攀氀⤀⸀⸀⸀⸀䤀 搀椀搀渀✀琀 爀攀愀氀氀礀 一䔀䔀䐀 琀漀 挀愀氀氀☀渀戀猀瀀㬀 礀漀甀 愀戀漀甀琀 ഀഀ her kennel...I was just wanting to yack and that was a reasonable excuse! ਍圀攀 栀愀搀 瀀爀愀挀琀椀挀攀 栀攀爀攀 琀漀渀椀最栀琀 猀漀 䤀 栀愀搀 琀漀 猀琀愀礀 甀瀀 甀渀琀椀氀 ㄀㄀㨀  瀀洀⸀☀渀戀猀瀀㬀 䤀 眀漀甀氀搀 to have talked with you on the phone! You 樀甀猀琀 猀栀漀漀琀椀渀最 琀栀攀 戀爀攀攀稀攀 眀椀琀栀⸀☀渀戀猀瀀㬀 䤀 搀漀渀✀琀 攀渀樀漀礀 猀栀漀漀琀椀渀最 琀栀攀 戀爀攀攀稀攀 眀椀琀栀 ഀഀ everyone....琀攀搀椀漀甀猀 琀愀氀欀椀渀最 琀漀 栀攀爀⸀⸀⸀⸀猀栀攀 最漀攀猀 漀渀 愀渀搀 漀渀 愀渀搀 漀渀 眀漀爀爀礀椀渀最 愀戀漀甀琀 洀漀氀攀栀椀氀氀猀 ഀഀ while steadfastly ignoring the ਍琀愀氀欀猀 攀渀搀氀攀猀猀氀礀 愀戀漀甀琀 栀攀爀 漀眀渀 挀栀椀氀搀爀攀渀 愀渀搀 琀栀攀椀爀 愀挀挀漀洀瀀氀椀猀栀洀攀渀琀猀 愀渀搀 琀栀攀渀 愀猀欀猀 ഀഀ me how Doug is doing---I know 戀甀琀 猀椀渀挀攀 栀攀爀 猀漀渀 愀渀搀 洀礀 猀漀渀 愀爀攀 戀漀琀栀 昀爀漀洀 琀栀攀 猀愀洀攀 漀爀瀀栀愀渀愀最攀 愀渀搀 琀栀攀 猀愀洀攀 愀最攀 ഀഀ and her son is very quick to learn and very intelligent, 氀椀欀攀 猀栀攀 椀猀 挀漀渀猀琀愀渀琀氀礀 挀漀洀瀀愀爀椀渀最 栀攀爀 猀漀渀✀猀 瀀爀漀最爀攀猀猀 愀最愀椀渀猀琀 洀礀 漀眀渀 猀漀渀✀猀⸀☀渀戀猀瀀㬀 ഀഀ


And it just went on and on like that for pages on end! Too weird. Has anyone else ever had such a thing happen? I am thinking it must be a virus...and that it is designed to preserve bits and snatches of the original text so that it can slide by firewalls designed to weed out the spammers. Anyone have any other guesses? Anyone know how I can get rid of this nuisance?

4 comments:

Those who serve the little dictatrice. said...

Wow, that is certainly strange?! Unfortunately, I have no real advice on how to remedy the situation.
You're sure you haven't taken any Mandarin courses, that you have just repressed, but are now coming out in your emails? :0

Unknown said...

Yea - could be latent writing talent!! I suspect you are correct it is some kind of virus or worm.

I love the New Year House Swap - will have to look into which of our friends is up to Empress Sitting!

Have fun!
M - Mom to the Empress

Samantha said...

hi, my name is Sam, I am from Taiwan, i was working at the Home of God's love, and was the one who spent most time with you son. I read Chinese, and these words are not Chinese. These are words that look like Chinese but are not, I think you got some bad virus now. That happens to me sometimes, but if you have anti-virus in your computer should be ok. I have been busy with my schooling, haven't gone your site for sometimes now. Oh, you have some beautiful children. May God bless you!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Lisa and Oliver...I WISH I had latent talents at writing in Chinese!!!

Empress's Mom...yeah, the house swap thing is fantastic!

Samantha, I would LOVE to hear about your time with Doug and memories you have of his time at the Home of God's Love so that I could preserve these for him. I know so little of his history before he came home to us at the age of six. Could you e-mail me and let me know how I could correspond with you? My e-mail address is
dublinlin@hotmail.com
...please put "regarding Doug" or something like that in the subject space so that I will know to open it up and read it. I have been getting spammed so terribly that I delete all messages from unknown sources without even reading them. (I get about 40 spam messages a day.) So, please, list Doug in the subject line so I won't accidently delete your message before opening it and reading it! Thanks!!!