Wednesday, January 17, 2007

NOT a Beast!

How our conversations convulute! I was chopping boiled eggs to mix into our chicken salad while Darcy had our goliath of a dog, Gloria, sitting at my feet. Rayna wandered in and announced, "Gloria is FAT!"

Darcy immediately objected, "She is NOT! She's just big!"

I looked down at the dog and reflected that I, myself, have been thinking she has put on more than just a few pounds this winter. I had to side with Rayna, "She IS FAT!"

Darcy, wanting to swing me over to her side, I suppose, declared, "She ISN'T fat, and neither are YOU, Mom!"

Prefering truth over fiction, I replied, "Yes I am!"

Rayna said, "YOU aren't FAT, Mom!"

Continuing chopping the eggs, I replied, "Technically, I AM obese."

Stunned, Rayna drew herself up indignantly and proclaimed, "You are NOT a BEAST, Mom!"



What a relief! I'm so glad to hear I'm not a beast! Now if I could just lose 7 pounds, I wouldn't even be obese! (Just overweight!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good gosh woman, I spit milk nearly thru my nose!!

Glad to hear that you are not in fact a beast!