Winter Bug
Well, I have three children home with fevers this morning. There is a really tenacious virus that we have been sharing. It seems to have an incubation period of about 5-7 days, followed by 4-5 days of very high fevers, and then it lingers on forever as a cough/head-cold. I came down with it first (December 28th) and have yet to kick it. Doug came down with it next (though he didn't seem to have the fevers...just went straight to the cough), then Rayna got hit with it with a VENGENCE. She has been sporting temps above 102 every day since Tuesday evening...until today. Today she is just 101.6. Fortunately, she LOVES grape flavored liquid ibuprofen. This morning Doug began running a low grade fever (99.6) so I kept him home from school. Darcy had been dodging the bullet up until now...no cough or other symptoms, but I just found that her temp is 99.4 so I think she is probably about to join our ranks.
We get to pick our van up from the mechanics today! They have finished rebuilding our transmission. Ari, at the mechanics, said that it looked like our transmission had exploded inside. The list of parts that had to be replaced within the transmission is a mile long. Evidently something broke off inside and it just chewed the whole transmission up. They say the van is running like a top, now, though and is ready to be picked up. Yeah!!!











2 comments:
Hope that you all get better soon! Chicken Soup!! Chicken Soup!! *ahem* I like it when I sick maybe they will too?
We all have it too.. everyone from my 86 year old Mom, right down the line to the 14 month old twins. All seven of us.
Hope your crew feels better soon.
hugs-
Val
Post a Comment