Monday, March 26, 2007

The baby bunny died late this afternoon. Rayna cried long and hard…and she buried him and we said a prayer for him. Being told he isn’t hurting anymore didn’t lessen how much she misses him…but listening to her talk at length about him, seemed to help. A little rain sprinkled us as Rayna and I buried him and said a prayer over him.

9 comments:

Emmie said...

Aww...poor Rayna! I remember when I was little I always had a very hard time when my pets died as well. Especially my little goldfish! :)

Anonymous said...

Yes...she is SO tender hearted, especially when it comes to animals.

~Monica

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry. I can just imagine how hard she must have taken it. It seems you have been caring for baby bunnies all your life. I still remember the teensy babies you tried to save that Nubbin found. So I think I know where Rayna has gotten her tenderhearted urge to tend all creatures.

redmaryjanes said...

Dearest Rayna,
I am so sorry that your bunny passed away. He is with Jesus and all of the other baby bunnies in heaven now.
You are a wonderful girl. It was so nice of you to find that little bunny and offer him food and a warm place to sleep.

Beckyb said...

That is so hard - I am sorry - yes, I agreed with you from the beginning - it was a long shot - but you gave it a try and he had a nice last few days!!! So tender -

Liz and Ava said...

So sorry to hear about the bunny...at least he was given a chance.

Steffie B. said...

Oh, that's too bad. I remember when Emmie's goldfish died....she cried so hard.

Michelle said...

Oh this is just heartbreaking! I hope she is feeling better!
Michelle

LaLa said...

Oh, I am so sorry Rayna. I remember finding a baby bunny when I was little too and we tried like you did but it didn't make it either. It was so great of you to take care of it and make his last moments loving.