Mom forgot to remind her...
I am terribly forgetful, where-as Darcy's brain is a steel trap. So, it is that I often take advantage of her excellent memory by saying, "Don't let me forget" thus and such. Rayna, evidently has picked up on this and so it was last week, while we were walking through WalMart, Rayna earnestly implored of me, "Don't let me forget to get ROSES for my wedding, Mom." I suppressed my smile and assured her that I would try and remind her to get roses when that time came.
This week, as we were again walking through WalMart, Rayna looked up at me and declared in an accusing voice, "Mom! You didn't remind me to get roses for my wedding!!!" Rayna was genuinely wounded over my carelessness. I tried to defend myself by pointing out that her wedding was still MANY years away and if we got the roses NOW they would wither before the wedding. After a great deal of discussion over the matter, I was finally able to dig myself out of the doghouse with my five year old daughter. (Rayna believes in planning and PREPARING in advance!)











4 comments:
That makes me smile!!! What a great story to share with her in 20 years!!!
What a cute story! I can just see her little face. We won't let her forget the roses : )
LOLOLOL, yes she sure is planning ahead.It will be fun reminding her of that when she DOES get married in 30 more years.(I figure you will not be willing to let her go to soon.)
Be sure and share that story with her at her bridal shower...what a great story...it really cracked me up....
Post a Comment