Friday, March 02, 2007

~The Three Students~

Often, in the last half hour or so before bedtime, the kids congregate in our bedroom and we all watch a DVD together. Last night, Grant laid out four DVDs for the kids to choose from ("Family Affair", "Andy Griffith", "Leave It To Beaver", and (to my dismay) "The Three Stooges"...I mean, the LAST thing my three little hoodlums need are lessons in squabbling, casting insulting, and hand to hand combat!).

Rayna immediately pounced on the last DVD and exclaimed, "I wanna watch 'The Three Students!'" Of course, Doug was in full agreement with watching 'The Three Students'! (Sensible Darcy was voting for Leave It To Beaver. I like Andy Griffith.) Grant, of course, also voted for 'The Three "Students"'! Just in case YOU don't remember The Three "Students", I thought I would give you a walk down Memory Lane...

Remember any of these gems of literary excellence?...

“You remind me of a girlfriend in Detroit…
but you look more like her step-father!”
Curly to Bearded Lady in Three Little Twerps, 1943.

“A guy wants to know what to do for inflammation.”
“Why ask us? Tell him to dial inflammation!”
Curly and Moe in Dizzy Doctors, 1937.

“Good morning, sir. I’m the census taker.
Are you married or happy?”
Moe in No Census, No Feeling, 1940.

“Vice? I have no vice! I’m as pure as the driven snow!”
“Yeah, but you drifted. (slap)”
Curly and Moe in Dizzy Pilots, 1943

“Any blood--ignore it.”
Moe in Fright Night.

“Join the Army and see the world--or what’s left of it.”
Sign in Boobs in Arm, 1940.

“How do ya want yer eggs?”
“Sunny side down and don’t turn ‘em over.”
Curly and Moe in Idiots Deluxe, 1945.

“I used to play in five flats,
but I got kicked outta the last one.”
Shemp in Gypped in the Penthouse, 1955.

“Gee, you got brains like Napoleon.”
“Napoleon is dead.”
“I know it.”
Moe to Larry in No Census, No Feelings, 1940.

“Is this work in competent hands?”
“Cointenly, we’re all incompetent!”

“You know, fish is great brain food.”
“You should fish for awhile.”
Larry and Moe in Wham, Bam, Slam, 1955.

“Have you ever been indicted?”
“Not since I was a baby, Your Honor.”
Vernon Dent and Moe.

“I’m in a terrible dilemma.”
“Yeah., I don’t like these foreign cars, either.”
Dorothy Granger and Moe in Punch Drunks, 1934.

“If at first ya don’t succeed, keep on suckin’ ‘til ya do suck seed.”
Curly in Movie Maniacs, 1936.

“I’ll lead the way. Go ahead.”
Moe.

“Are you casting asparagus on my cookin’?”
Curly in Busy Buddies, 1944.

“I’m pretty as a picture.”
“Yeah--of an ape.”
Shemp and Moe in Brideless Groom, 1947.

“Why don’t you get a toupee with some brains in it?”
Moe to Curly in Three Sappy People, 1939.

“Did you see where I almost went?”
“No, but I know where you oughta go!”
Curly and Moe in How High is Up, 1940.

“What’s THAT for? I didn’t do nothing!”
“That’s in case ya do and I’m not around.”
Larry and Moe in Hoi Polloi, 1939.

“I wouldn’t say ‘no’ and I couldn’t say ‘yes’.”
“Well, would you say ‘maybe’?”
“I might.”
from Gem of a Jam, 1943.

“Remember, gargle with old razor blades.”
Shemp, 1947.

“ Burnt toast and rotten egss…whadda ya want that for?”
“I got a tape worm and that’s good enough for him.”

“Any resemblance between the stooges and human beings is a dirty shame.”
I agree with THAT sentiment!

“You keep my wigwam.”
“You keep your own wig warm!”
from Whoops, I’m an Indian, 1936.

“One of us is crazy and it ain’t you.”
Larry.

“Wait a minute. I can’t lay carpet.”
“Why not?”
“I’m not rugged.”
Larry and the Secretary in Hot Stuff, 1956.













Yup...we believe in providing an educationally enriched milieu for our children!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this shows a secret LOVE of the 3 stooges! (to go find all those quotes-or were they memorized?)

Anonymous said...

I am just a very conscientious blogger!
~Monica

Mr.Brian said...

Give me Andy Griffith any day. I always love that show.BArney is always up to some type of stupid thing.
And a wonderful teaching lesson don't do as Barney does.
Sounds like maybe your husband is your biggest kid.LOLOLOLOL Often is the case. I tell my neighbor that all the time, her husband is just like one of her kids and he is a Doctor.LOLOLOL Gotta love those of us who refuse to grow up.