How to Open the Link List from the Sidebar Boxes
(for those of you who might initially be as confused as I was)
You may have noticed something new in my side-bar... My links no longer show up automatically....just the categories of the various blog lists shows when you log on to my blog. I saw these hidden link lists over on Becky's blog and thought, "Hey, I want to do that on my blog, too!" What I am embarrassed to admit to you is that it took me several visits to Becky's blog before I understood how to open the hidden lists up. (Yes, I am totally inept when it comes to computers...but that doesn't stop me from tinkering away!) So...I thought I would explain how these hidden link lists work in case there is anyone out there like me who didn't quite "get it" at first! Here is what you do: Choose which list of blogs you would like to see by scanning through the category headings (which are visible at all times).
Then, click on the box beneath it which has the little LINES running across it ...that will cause that particular entire blog links list to become visible.
To make them disappear again, just click on the box that doesn't have any lines through it!
Pretty neat! Saves a LOT of space in the sidebar!











4 comments:
AND I won't even admit how long it took me to get them to work - I am a little slow over here. But I agree - they need to come with directions!!!
Oh...so glad to hear they dealt you some frustration! I didn't have too much trouble editing my template for them, but, I just couldn't figure out how to OPEN the silly things when I first saw them on your blog! Goofy me, I kept clicking on the empty box and thinking, "NO...I want the list to OPEN, not hide!"...didn't dawn on me that the little box NEXT to the empty block was its own seperate "switch"...I just kept trying to toggle open the list by repeated clicks on the empty box! I felt SO STUPID, later, when it dawned on me what my error was!!!
I just love the way they make my blog side-bar look so much cleaner and neater...like when everything is arranged nicely in its own drawer, out of sight! Wish I could organize my HOUSE half as well as I manage to keep my blog organized!...but, maybe if I spent even HALF as much time CLEANING my house as I did tinkering with my blog, it WOULD be immaculate! (Hopefully my husband misses this entire comment section!...and my sister-in-law, Jan, too, for that matter!!! I'm still stinging from her last discerning insight!)
Comment? What comment???
Oh, man...I am so busted!
Post a Comment