Wednesday, April 18, 2007

First Feature of a New Series...

There are some blog sites out there that just catch me from the very first read and draw me in and keep me in. I’ve decided that it might be fun to feature such a site each month. So, here it is…my first series ever in the history of my blogging…




A Site to Savor!...

LANDLIFE

Recently, I ran across the blog of yet another family in the process of adopting. Many of us have been in that place of waiting, waiting, waiting. Longing to hold our child in our arms but, knowing he/she is still half a world away from us. Many have turned to blogging during the waiting/longing phase of their journeys. Jeff and Abbey did. And I was captivated as I browsed through their blog. They are awaiting the arrival home of their infant son from Taiwan. But, in the meantime, they have documented their life for him on their blog with a stand-in FLAT version of their son! They enlarged a full body photo of him to life-size and mounted it on foam board. Since that day, the couple from Nashville, Tennessee have incorporated their Flat Son into so many different moments in their lives! The concept of it all just intrigued and amused me. And I am hooked! I have to keep turning back to their blog again and again to see what Flat Reed is up to next! I think you will be just as entranced with their blog! Click on any of the photos in this post (they are active links) to take a browse there, yourself!


(Jeff and Abbey met in college and married as soon as Jeff graduated. They were originally from Mississippi, but lived in Texas while working on their graduate degrees. When Jeff finished seminary they moved to Nashville, Tennessee where they still reside. Abbey is a school teacher but looking forward to soon being a work-at-home-mom and Jeff works in publishing. They are eagerly anticipating the arrival home of their infant son, Reed, from Taiwan this summer! Meanwhile, Flat Reed (inspired by Flat Stanley) is aptly (hilariously) standing in for his real life counterpart! ...if you want to start reading about Flat Stanley's adventures from the very beginning (and even see him being made!), go back in the archives to March 30th, 2007.)

9 comments:

LaLa said...

I know...cracks me up. They are neighbors to our friends and we hope to meet them next time we are over there : )

Emma said...

Now that is hilarious! Thanks for sharing, i love a good giggle!

Anonymous said...

Lala, be sure to report back to us after you have met young Flat Reed in person!

Emma, I thought it was pretty funny, too! And what a great way to later share with your child the memories of what you were doing as a family as you anticipated his arrival home. I just love the concept! And, it surely must help pass the time while they are waiting. They might start a whole new rage in the waiting-to-bring-their-child-home community!

Kim said...

this site is so cute! how neat to see a blog from a father's perspective too! Sometimes I had to ask my hubbie if he was aware we were still waiting...he never seemed to feel the "labor pains" the way I did.

Anonymous said...

I like the saying-"southern by the grace of God" -Texan is even better 8)

Steffie B. said...

I just went to it....I was cracking up! They take Flat Reed everywhere......I'm dying! ;)

Headmeister said...

Hey there Monica! (Oh how badly I want to say Mo-na-na, after that episode of Friends...)

Got all 27 of your messages. Thanks! ;)

Yep, that was my handiwork - thank you boat loads for the compliments! There are more blogs I've done, and those can be found in the sidebar of the www.blogittymakeover.com site, so feel free to peruse them all.... And feel free to mention me whenever and wherever - only I'm shutting down the blog pimping biz for a few months while I work on a super-duper-double-secret-project of my own :)

My other blog is www.diggingaholetochina.com. So drop on by and sit a spell!

BTW, your kids are BEAUTIFUL, but of course, you already know that :)

Can't wait to go check out Flat Reed!

Be well,
Heather
www.diggingaholetochina.com

redmaryjanes said...

I think it's wonderful to introduce people to new blogs that you find interesting!

Mr.Brian said...

Thanks so much for sharing that blog.That is by far the funniest thing I've read in a long time.Thay are crazy,just what i like in people. Humor is very important to me and they sure have it too.