There is actually someone out there laboring under the misguided impression that I am a DEEP THINKER!
...OH YES!!! Whoo-Hoo!!!!
Becky, over at "Chloe Makes Six..." recently honored this blog by nominating it for the Thinking Blogger Award! The best part about being given this award is that it gives me the priviledge of nominating the next five blogs for the the award! Too cool, huh?! I really had fun with this as I ruminated over my choices. I chose two adult bloggers and three kid bloggers.
The first blog I am choosing is "Words Dry and Riderless", because even the photos posted on that blog evoke introspection...and the thoughts voiced there are definitely those of an insightfully deep thinker. The author of the blog is a young teacher (highschool, I think) in the remote wilderness of the Yukon Territories.
The second blog I am choosing is "Ella Meng's Blog". Ella is a bright, bubbly university student in China. She has to be a deep thinker to blog in a foreign language (English)! I just love hearing through her stories how vaious holidays are celebrated in China and getting glimpses of another culture through the stories she writes.
Next, I am choosing Henry of "Otter World". He is a second grader and has been blogging since November '06. That is just too cool! His Mom, Vivian, of "Bits and Pieces" has plenty of reasons to be proud of him!
Next, I'm choosing Emmie of "Sister 2 Two" because I love reading her blog and seeing what she is going to come up with next! I especially enjoy the slideshows, photos, and stories about her little brother and sister. Emmie is a seventh grader and is the daughter of Steffie from "Never Too Many". Emmie began her blog in December of '06.
Finally, I am shamelessly choosing my own daughter, Darcy, because she is my favorite blogger of all! She is eleven years old and is finishing up the seventh grade (homeschooled). She has been an active blogger since May of '05. She is currently on her fourth blog. (When she feels she has outgrown the theme of her blog, she creates an entirely new one and starts afresh.) Her most recent writings can be found on "Darcy's Soccer Blog". There, if you haven't already read it, you can find the first three installments of her famous "Dog Series" (which is one of my personal favorites!). "Batgirl's Superfantastic Blogsite" was the last blog she authored prior to her current blog. (My favorite portions of that blog aren't on the front page, but, back in the archives where she did some genuinely substantial writing.)
Oh, guess I need to explain how this award works! Now the five blog authors mentioned above have the priviledge of snagging the "Thinking Blogger Award" logo to display on their own site...and, they are to nominate the next five reciepients of the award! The five winners above, need to make a post on their blogs with a link back to this one and also links to each of the five blogs they in turn nominate!
Congratulations Vicki, Ella, Henry, Emmie, and Darcy!











7 comments:
You are so funny.....this whole "thinker blog award" is a hoot don't you think? Mine is so far from that it's not even funny! lol
Why, Steffie, it lends us intellectual credibility...don't you see?!
I didn't see that you nominated Emmie when I read it the first time. Thank you...that was really sweet of you! ;)
Thank u Monica...I really appreciate it! :) I had fun reconizing some of my other blogger friends as well!
Yes - we are all getting big heads because of our nominations - what next - the Nobel BLogger Prize?!?!? I do love your blog though - you are funny and a wonderfully, sensitive mom!!!
Thanks for thinking of my blog! It'll take me a few days to come up with the five blogs I want to mention. I read many blogs, but only occasionally do I "de-lurk". Yours definitely has made me ponder, laugh, and muse many a time so that I couldn't help myself but leave you the occasional comment!
Vicky, I'm glad I can nudge you into de-lurking every once in a while!
Post a Comment