Monday, May 07, 2007

The Game...

















For my "Every Day in May" project today, I decided to make a collage of the photos I took of Darcy's soccer game on Saturday.

Sunday evening, Grant's band was priviledged to play for the centenial celebration of Medford Methodist Church. It was a beautiful drive out there and back. The skies were so dramatic all day today, from the moment we stepped outside to go to our own church this morning until long after dark tonight. It was stormy all day. This morning the skies were layered in lovely, muted shades of blues and charcoal. Tonight, as we drove home there was such a spectacular show of lightening, but no rain. At one point, the lightening formed a huge spiderweb stretching as far across the sky from side to side as the eye could see...a huge network of interconnected streaks. It looked like a completed spider web. How I would have loved to have had a photo of THAT!

It was fun driving through countryside that we aren't familiar with. I always like seeing the farmhouses along the way and old buildings on the main streets of tiny towns. On the way home, we had to go a different route because part of the highway was covered too deeply in floodwaters to safely cross. We've noticed all the ponds around here are higher than I have seen them in ages and the deep ditches along our country roads are filled with foaming, racing waters.

The green of new growth looks so very vivid when wet with rain. Our little corner of the world is so very green right now!

6 comments:

Beckyb said...

Boy, that sounds like out here - TONS of water - we keep getting water in our basement but that water table is SO high, it almost makes sense!

4D said...

Love the collage!

Keep smilin!

redmaryjanes said...

I hope that you all are doing ok with the rains. My cousin who is in KC hydroplaned off of the highway last night. She's ok, but you all be careful.

C's Mom said...

I love your collage skills!

kitchu said...

What a wonderful bunch of photos! And I love a good lightning storm too, that sounded incredible.

Steffie B. said...

I love the collage! It is great!