Friday, May 11, 2007

Glimpse of what I found on the table this morning...



Yes...it is our sixteenth anniversary today! Every year, Grant makes me a home-made card (see it setting up against the flowers, open to the inside). What I love most about his cards is all that he writes inside them! Each card chronicles the highlights of our shared memories from the preceeding year. I love going back through my cards from earlier years and reading through them again and again. These cards are a written chronicle of each of our years together...the raw heartrending moments as well as the joyful memories.

8 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

Happy Anniversary to you! The flowers are beautiful and the homemade card is so romantic!

Deb said...

Happy Anniversary! What a thoughtful idea to pass down to your children!
oh and
__/''\__¸.¸.•¤**¤•^.,.•¤**¤•^.,.•¤**¤•.,.•¤**¤•^.**
'*•. .•*' Happy Mothers Day! ~*♥*~
/.•*•.\¸..•¤**¤•.^,.•¤**¤•.^.,.•¤**¤•.,.•¤**¤•^.,**

Mr.Brian said...

Happy Anniversary. May you have many more wonderful years together.
You hubby sounds like a romatic man, making his own cards for you. That has got to mean more then any Halmark card ever made.

redmaryjanes said...

That is absolutely wonderful. I have never seen anyone do that before. Incredible. I love it. Happy Anniversary!

Anonymous said...

that is so perfect! WHat a wonderful thing to wake up to!

Beckyb said...

OHHHH - what a wonderful surprise - they are absolutely beautiful!!! Enjoy your day together!

comingaroundagain said...

Grant's card - how cool is that?! I love it. Sounds like a beautiful day!

Vivian said...

Belated Happy Anniversary! That's quite a card your hubby makes for you. So lovely that he puts in the time and effort to capture the finer details of life. It's a great tradition.