A Quilt of My Front Yard...
It was lightly raining early yesterday morning as I stood on our front porch and caught these few snapshots of our front yard. I love the way our gravel drive makes a meandering curve. I love the way the rocks that came out of the hole we dug for our basement form a low wall guarding the front edge of our yard year after year. I love the way the green looks so very vivid on rainy Spring mornings. I delight looking at the new leaves peeking out from twigs which so recently were bare and dead in winter's long grasp. And the large stacks of flat boulders in our yard are such a familiar, comforting sight. I love the wildness of our yard...aflame with woodland flowers where you would expect to find neatly mown grass instead. It is a nice yard...a nice quilt that wraps our home.











11 comments:
Absolutely beautiful; the pictures and the words.
love the way you can make pictures really come alive with your words!
Lovely photo quilt!
Keep smilin!
That is really beautiful Monica!
it looks awesome! Love it!
AnOnYmOuS
Very cool effects.
Beverly
lovely
I feel as if I was there... beautiful.
Very neat!
Did I ever mention that I just love your pictures? Good luck with posting every day, I'm not remotely proficient enough to take that challenge.
Wow. This is so wonderful. Both the photo, and your description. Wonderful.
Post a Comment