Saturday, May 05, 2007

Remembering Eleven Years Ago...

Darcy cut her teeth on bluegrass festivals. At this particular festival, I had forgotten to pack a hat for her, so her daddy solved the problem by making her a paper hat out of one of the festival programs! She was the centerpiece of our picnic table when I snapped this photo of her eleven years ago!




(HAPPY CINCO DE MAYO, EVERYBODY!)

11 comments:

Beckyb said...

That is gorgeous - I'd love to know how you are building those collages - they are gorgeous!!! Maybe I just don't know enough about the one I use, but I could never do that - it's so neat!!

Mommy Spice said...

I love it!! What a precious picture!!

JEff said...

that's cute! Hey Monica, would you mind sending me the information on the people who you all used to get Doug? I was talking with our caseworker today and she has had an American family living in Taiwan having a little trouble trying to figure out the court process. I thought maybe they could help!
Thanks!

C's Mom said...

That is incredibly cute! Ingenious idea, daddy :0)

Yani said...

Beautiful collage! Love the hat!

Anonymous said...

Becky, I used The Print Shop version 21.

Darcy's Daddy IS pretty resourceful! The sun was really beating down brightly that day and poor little Darcy was nearly a bald-headed baby so it was purely out of need that her daddy fashioned her the little paper hat. I thought it was adorable, though...rather, I thought she was adorable in it (and out of it)! I can't believe my baby is almost twelve years old now and is practically as tall as I am! You just blink and poof, your kids are all grown up and heading out the door!

Briana's Mom said...

What a beautiful picture. Love the collage!

Suzanne said...

lovely arrangement.

We bluegrass too. Our kids will get their first festival this summer at Darrington.

Anonymous said...

that is so precious! she was a beautiful baby!

Steffie B. said...

I love it....she looks darling!

Vivian said...

This is so incredibly cute! I remember we used to make paper hats with newspaper, and little bonnets with handkerchiefs.