Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Darcy Turns TWELVE!
and We are Bolivar Bound...

Happy Fourth of July everyone! This is Darcy's twelth birthday! I PROMISE to post at least one photo of her enjoying HER day later tonight or tomorrow at the latest. I have to admit, though, my time for blogging is really curtailed right now. Grant accepted the position at Southwest Baptist University on Monday. Last night we found out our offer for the house has been accepted. So, we are Bolivar bound...but we have to sell THIS house FAST and the real estate market is really soft right now. And we need to liquidate about 2/3's of our accumulated belongings! To that end we are having a moving sale a week from this Friday and Saturday. Then we hope to take a lot of our stuff on down to Bolivar and put it in storage until we can sell this house and then close on the house we are buying in Bolivar.

We have a LOT to accomplish before August 10th when Grant needs to be in Bolivar. I really hope we can move as a family all together rather than being scattered between an unsold house in KC and his job in Bolivar....time will tell!

Anyway, wanted to update everyone! Once our life has slowed down to a SANE pace (September or October???...HOPEFULLY!!!) I am going to get back to daily or almost daily posting again. I've missed getting to post here and linger over everyone else's blogs, too!



Okay! Here they are....
First, our soon to be home in Bolivar (quite a change from the cape cod on secluded, very rural, large wooded acreage that we are accustomed to)...

And here are photos from breakfast this morning. Darcy couldn't wait to open at least one present, so she opened her only present from her parents and siblings...a new case for her mandolin. She was delighted with it...especially since it had RED lining (her specific request!). She hasn't had a case for her mandolin until now. She really did need one. Whenever she was planning on playing mandolin with the band, she would have to borrow the case from her daddy's mandolin. A mandolin case was at the very top of her birthday wish list.


11 comments:

C's Mom said...

Happy #12 on the 4th to Darcy.

Enjoy the day and remember to take some time for yourself amidst all the busy work!

Mr.Brian said...

Happy birthday young lady.

And good luck in the weeks ahead.Best of luck selling your home and adjusting to a new home in a new area.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Girlie!!!

Deb said...

Happy Birthday Darcy!!!!

Vivian said...

Happy belated birthday to Darcy! 12 is a big number, a full circle in the Chinese zodiac. The mandolin case is very cool!

Getting rid of 2/3 of your belongings? that's an unbelievably big job. I'm still recovering from moving two years ago, and that was just across town. Good luck in everything!

Mommy Spice said...

Happy Birthday Darcey!! Beautiful case. Glad your birthday wish came true.

Emmie said...

Hope she had a great birthday! What a special gift!

Anonymous said...

ok where are the pictures of Doug's day?

redmaryjanes said...

I haven't heard from you in forever! How are ya???

Anonymous said...

Okay....this is SO WEIRD....
I wrote a post (with lots of photos) last night and published it to my blog, but it never showed up. I tried republishing it numerous times with no success. (I also tried refreshing my screen, etc, just in case it was there but I just wasn't seeing it.) Blogger THINKS it is there...it shows up on my content table as there and published and I can "view" it's own individual page off my contents page...it is visible everywhere EXCEPT the public portion of my blog! This morning, I tried copying it (off the "edit" option in the content page) and then posting it again as a brand-new post of its own. Did it show up? Of course not! Have any of you run into this problem, yourselves, with Blogger?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...at least it is publishing my comments, even if it won't publish my posts!