Sunday, July 29, 2007

We went back down to Bolivar a week ago Thursday to locate a home to rent until our house up here sells. We struck out. So, late Thursday afternoon we visited one of the banks in Bolivar and inquired about a bridge loan so that we could go ahead with the purchase of the house down there BEFORE we sell our house up here. Well, the bank moved ahead with lightening speed and here we are, heading back to Bolivar tomorrow to close on the house! (That was a mere six business days for those of you counting! That is what I call FAST loan processing!!!)

We will get possession of our new home tomorrow (Monday). We plan to do some cleaning and then come back to our home up here on Tuesday evening (coming back for the band's going away get together in our honor). Then, Darcy and her Texas grandparents will come back here Wednesday evening. (Darcy has been down there visiting with them the last couple of weeks.) We pick up our 26 foot U-Haul with a 5x10 trailer on back, first thing Thursday morning and will spend the day Thursday packing it. Once it is loaded, we will head to Bolivar! Pop John is going to drive the U-Haul with trailer for us. Grant will drive the van with the two larger (non-car sick prone) dogs. I will drive the car with nauseous Rivendell (thoroughly doped up on dramamine!). We will scatter the kids throughout the vehicles! Hopefully we can move everything in one fell swoop. We have way too much stuff....even after our amazingly successful garage sale! There are four pack rats in this family....and Grant (poor fellow!).

As to other news....Violet (our beloved god-puppy)has a new little sister! Now, mind you, Lisa's husband, Iran (still in Mexico), had said absolutely no more dogs...one pup was enough. And, goodness knows, Violet has been a LOT of trouble (as all puppies are, if we are honest!). But, our former pastor's Brittany had a litter of pups and he wanted Lisa to have his favorite one in the litter, so he advised her, "Don't ask Iran if you can get another puppy....tell him you would like to get him a HUNTING DOG and ask him if that would be okay!" Hmmm....a man of God counseling a young bride on how to manipulate her unsuspecting husband! It worked like a charm! Iran is so excited that he his now the owner of a HUNTING dog! Never mind that it is smaller than most of Violet's chew toys!


Lisa is so happy with the new puppy. Violet has an excellent disposition (very confident and secure and intelligent and quick to learn), but she has never been a SNUGGLY dog. She is extremely BONDED to Lisa, but she just isn't an overtly affectionate dog. She is very independent. The new puppy is a snuggle-bug. She can't get enough time in Lisa's lap! So, Lisa is delighted...she has a dog that is snuggly. Iran is delighted....he has visions of bird hunting one of these days with the new dog. Violet is delighted....she has a playmate to keep her company now! Pastor is delighted...he gets to keep his favorite puppy where he can see her every so often. And the little puppy seems delighted, too! She is really cute...a tiny little pup marching around the yard with big old Violet happily circling her/herding her! What is the new pup's name? Good question! Iran gets to name her (he already nixed "Daisy", Lisa's suggestion....and Iran hasn't decided yet...so, she is just little Miss No-Name for the moment!

OH, and Lisa passed her State Boards for Nursing a few weeks ago...so, she is now an RN. My cousin, Courtney, also just passed and became an RN, too! Courtney is working at the V.A. in Wichita and Lisa is working at the V.A. in Kansas City. I am keeping my job at the V.A., even though we are moving to Bolivar. I plan on working some weekends when we come back up here to visit friends and relatives. I really, really like the unit I have been working on (the oncology unit). It is nice to have the option to keep that job, even though we are moving away. (For those of you who have followed the blog closely, that is NOT the unit I first began on at the V.A. I was not fond of the first unit I began on...a significant portion of the staff on that unit were rather challenging (whether you were a fellow worker or a patient). But, the oncology unit just has the sweetest staff possible (and all of them are also very conscientious and knowledgeable).) ...and I have always been partial to the patients, whichever unit I was on...so, I'm glad I will get to keep my foot in the door!

9 comments:

Beckyb said...

Glad to hear all is going well - chaotic, I'm sure, but good! We will be thinking of you as you move - that is such a big job - but I do like the "freshness" of starting over! Oh, glad you are keeping us posted too!!

Robin said...

OMgoodness... that is one adorable little puppy.

Congrats on those nursing licenses. I remember the days of passing state boards.. UGH!

Mama Melissa said...

What a GREAT looking "hunting dog"!!! OMG how cute!! I've not been around much lately... just getting back and all, and it is great to see you all are doing just as well as when I went to China! My little darling is doing great and I am still over-the-moon.

Peace.
Melissa

Vivian said...

Catching up on my blog reading .... belated congratulations on your move, new home, and of course, yours and Grant's new jobs! wow, some big changes over one summer. Hope the kids will do well in their new environment. I bet they'll be excited to meet some new friends.

Steffie B. said...

Just checking in....glad to hear that things are going good.....hope the move goes smoothly.

JEff said...

Is nothing "dumpling" around there?

Deb said...

Hey blog slacker!!!! Just kidding. Hope all is well, just thought I'd drop in to see how your doing. Hugs

kitchu said...

My gosh you guys have lots going on, good luck with the closing and I hope your house sells soon. The puppy is ADORABLE and congrats to the two new RN's!! That is awesome, that is NO EASY EXAM.

vivacemusica said...

Still check in frequently, hoping for an update! Hope all is well with you and your beautiful family.