Yet ANOTHER Ice Storm
Well, we have yet ANOTHER ice storm working its way through the Ozarks! I've lost count of the number of ice storms we have had this winter. My mom, up in Kansas City, KS, called to report THEY were having an absolutely gorgeous snowfall with the largest snowflakes she had ever seen in her life. Meanwhile, WE have been getting pummelled with hard, icey little spikes all day. I want SNOWFLAKES! The kids got the day off from school...roads way too ice-covered for the buses to navigate up all our steep hills and around all the hairpin turns that characterize our roads in this part of the country. Doug and Rayna and Grant have had the creeping crud (yucky, wet, barking cough) for three weeks now, and I started feeling sick last week...and this morning Darcy finally got KO'd by it, too. She has spent the day lying in my bed sleeping and moaning while I have worked non-stop on adding photos to the blogsite of my old house. Hopefully the blogsite will help it sell! It has been getting a LOT of hits since I listed the home (and blogsite) on Craigslist Sunday evening and again this morning...and we have two different prospective buyers coming to tour the home Saturday when we go back up to KC (roads permitting!) to show the house.
Doug and Rayna, amazingly, have entertained themselves quietly and calmly all day long. They didn't even turn on the TV until after 4 pm today. That was WONDERFUL...and a total change! We never watched TV when we lived in Peculiar (no reception and cable unavailabe out in the boondocks there!)...but, since we moved to Bolivar and the kids discovered the Disney channel, the kids have gotten positively addicted to the television...AARRGG! But, today, the kids were back to their old selves, only much quieter and much more CALM. Has me BAFFLED, but, hey, I'm not questioning it, I'm just goin' with it!!!This evening, the two littlests ones decided to hang out in my bedroom, too. Meanwhile, Grant had finally made it home from work and was out in the living room picking his mandolin while watching TV. After a while, the picking stopped. Pretty soon I peeked out in the living room and found my poor, exhausted husband sound asleep with the TV remote still poised in his hand and his mandolin pick hanging out his mouth! Bless his heart! He was TIRED!











4 comments:
We have snow here - tons of it!! No ice. I am so over this winter!
Great pictures!!! Thanks for the comment on my blog!! :o)
We only had one day with some ice - so far, very mild winter here.
Hope you all get well very soon!
Oh my! An ice storm. hehe that sounds crazy compared to our recent weather.
Hope all is well!
Post a Comment