Another Chapter in the Saga of Rayna's Adventures...
Grant and I are about to decide that Rayna can't be let outside! This youngest child of ours is SO ACCIDENT PRONE. At least once a week I receive a tense call from Grant telling me where she is shooting blood from now and asking how soon I will be getting home! Recently it was a collision between her chin and the pogo stick with her tongue getting the worst of it. (She about bit through it as well as leaving a huge wedge of it dangling...that was good for a three hour visit to the Emergency Room.) Before that were the SEVEN, count them, SEVEN times that she managed to dislocate her ulna and have to have it popped back into place...that was good for two ER visits, then I just had the doctor show me how to do it and we saved a lot of time over the next three years. We had another ER visit when she savagely bit her lip during a fall. I think that's about it...but, hey, that's more than enough for the five years!
Today, she tripped over the neighbor's bike and fell face first into the street. She skinned up her chin and cheek and knocked one tooth completely out and a second tooth was banged so hard that it is just barely hanging on (I'm sure it will be out by tomorrow)--now, mind you, she didn't currently have ANY loose teeth. Poor kid is really short on teeth now! Fortunately, both the casualties were baby teeth.
(Rayna, for her part, was so thrilled to lose another tooth (riches!) that she didn't seem to notice the blood that was pouring out of her mouth and splotching up her cheek and chin. Her DAD noticed it, though. Poor Grant gets horribly queasy at the site of blood dripping from his children. I always inherit clean up duty if I'm home...or get a tense phone call if I'm not, to ask how SOON I can be home!)











1 comment:
I clean them up, too —— but I need our nurse to verify if I cleaned them up correctly.
Post a Comment