Monday, March 10, 2008

Our Week in Review:


Rayna and Doug finally returned to school this past week, after long bouts with a tenacious virus. Doug (along with three of his classmates) began his week by giving a presentation about Egypt in front of his class and one other third grade class. His role was "tour guide"!





Grant turned 46 on March 6th. A few days later, we had a belated celebration when his siblings and parents came down to Bolivar and his folks took us all out to eat at Smith's.


As I drove up into the driveway after finishing work, Saturday, there was Rayna holding a cat I had never seen before. She begged to keep the cat and insisted it was homeless, even in the face of the facts as I pointed out that this "stray" cat had a COLLAR and was declawed and not in the least bit malnourished. Rayna was not to be dissuaded. She implored, "This cat wants to go home to her owner and she thinks I'M her owner! I'm naming her 'TWILA'! Can't I keep her, Mom?!"



Grant wasn't as thrilled with the cat as the girls were...but, he promised not to chase it off, as long as I promised we wouldn't feed it. (I figured that was okay, since Darcy had already told me that in the week that this cat had begun hanging around our neighborhood, it had often availed itself to our neighbor's cat's food.) Just in case the cat truly WAS homeless (as the girls both insisted), we made it a warm little bed on our porch and the girls were delighted when the cat slept on our porch several nights in a row and, even when it went off wandering elsewhere, would dash back with lightening speed whenever either of the girls would step out on the porch and call, "Here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty!" She hasn't been around all day, today, though...so, maybe she ISN'T homeless...










HANNAH MONTANA RAYNA!...
Rayna is a HUGE Hannah Montana fan. She has been BEGGING to be taken to a Hannah Montana concert for weeks now. Tonight, she spotted a Hannah Montana wig as we were going through the check-out line in Wal-Mart and Grant couldn't resist getting it for her. When we got home, Darcy put one of Rayna's Hannah Montana CDs in the stereo and cranked it up. Rayna put on a "concert" for us all, singing and dancing with her favorite songs. Doug was pleased to be a back-up dancer!


(Darcy made the soccer team and has practice two hours each evening during the week. She was fresh from soccer practice when the Hannah Montana Rayna show began!)












(The wig was pretty funny, but, I have to admit, it was a relief when her wig finally fell off...Rayna is so much prettier in her own black hair!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're family gives a great meaning to "The Best of Both Worlds" if you ask me!

Steffie B. said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE all the pictures of your sweet children! ;)

Vivian said...

Love Rayna's Hannah Montana get up! What a kick!

But yeah, black hair is so much prettier than blonde :-)