Friday, April 04, 2008

Update:

Well, I lost my internet access Tuesday morning (long sad story involving the premature demise of a very expensive computer)...so, my posting will probably be spotty at best for a while now.

Tuesday evening, Rayna had her kindergarten musical ("The Three Piggy Opera") in which she had a major speaking role. She did terrific! Delivered her lines with the grace and poise of a pro, and them all memorized perfectly! It just blew my mind to see how MANY kindergarteners there are in her school. I knew there were 200 of them, but knowing and SEEING are two different things! It was a SEA of kindergarteners all up there on stage together, totally filling the huge auditorium's stage. (They put their musical on at the high school, which has a really nice, big auditorium.)

Meanwhile, Grant and Darcy were in Springfield. Grant was at band practice and Darcy was playing her second soccer game of the season. The team Bolivar played this week was much better than last week's (when they won 18 to zip!)...this time they lost (1-2). Darcy was pretty disappointed. But, I pointed out to her that her team MADE the other team work really hard for the win...and there was only one point difference between them.

Doug's first soccer game is this Saturday. They have only had one practice so far (due to rain)...so, I am a bit nervous about the upcoming game. I have my doubts whether Doug actually UNDERSTANDS all the rules of the game, yet...and he will be playing the entire game since they are short of players. I hate it that I will miss his first game, but we already had the Open House scheduled and ADVERTISED long before we found out he would be having a game on that day.

This will be the last Open House we will hold. If we don't get an acceptable offer on the house by the end of next week, we are turning it over to a realtor and not fooling with it anymore, ourselves. We have a realtor lined up that seems really easy and pleasant to work with...and I think she will market the home pretty aggressively. Too bad the housing market has been so horrible for the past year. (sigh)...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric was hoping for pictures from the play-none because of computer problems?
we may have a nibble on our house-goat breeders! but our realtor is really city oriented (doesn't know anything about what livestock would need) as mom says-I'm glad God is in control

Anonymous said...

Hope that everything is going well for you and your family!

Kim said...

HI! So sorry to hear about your computer...that stinks!

I think I am a bit behind on your move...are you moving again? Do you live in Missouri? I thought you had moved to the East Coast...somewhere like South Carolina or somthing like that.

Totally cool that Rayna had a speaking part! 200 kindergarteners! I can't even imagine the amount of patience that must take and how much energy is in the air at that school...Wow!

Are you doing a For Sale by Owner? Have you had your house staged? We love watching HGTV and their is a show on there that does staging...lots of great ideas. We've sold 2 houses on our own and first impressions are what its all about...if it doesn't look like home from the car they won't want to get into the house and once they're in the house they want it to feel like home and it helps to have it SMELL like home too...bake brownies or have some cookies on the counter for potential buyers to munch on as they wander. We were going to try to sell our house this summer but the market is just lousy so looks like we will be sticking around for another couple of years...but one idea I had was to put together a photo album of the flowers that grow at various seasons...we moved in when the ground was covered in snow and it was a mystery as to what each plant was when it sprouted. We have many wonderful plants that may be selling points to an avid gardener...strawberries, asparagus...things that take time to get established.

Anonymous said...

Jan-
The photos in today's post are for you! (Yes, it was because of the computer problems that no photos were posted with this older post...but, I am trying to get out of the doghouse today!) (Eric, THANKS for taking the photos of Rayna during the program!)

Olivia-
Thanks for the wish! I think everything IS going pretty well!

Kim-
We moved last June from Peculiar, MO (suburb of Kansas City) down to Bolivar, MO (deep in the Ozarks), but haven't been able to sell our home! We remain the not-so-happy owners of TWO homes and we would really like to lose one of them soon! It is hard to stage an empty house...but, we have freshly painted every room and the carpet looks like it is in mint condition and I burn candles and bake cookies during the Open Houses, and the exterior of the home is beautiful...but, the market is SO SOFT right now....