Wednesday, May 14, 2008

A few photos from our anniversary trip this past weekend...

Here is the Bradford Inn Bed and Breakfast that we enjoyed so much in Branson. The second photo shows the private staircase up to the Eaves Room where we stayed.







(The view around our room.)








Of course, Grant made a card for me. Bless his heart, he made an anniversary card for me on our first anniversary and has made one for me every anniversary since then. My favorite part is always the INSIDE!





Here are Eric and Jan looking all perky even after corraling our children all weekend!




And here are our children (less than ten minutes after leaving their Aunt Jan and Uncle Eric's house)!







And a few snapshots from today's activities...
I have to admit I have more than a little bit of my dad in me...it kills me to throw away things when they will surely be useful some other day! "Repurposing" things is such fun! Doug's new loft bed moved into his room and his old, falling apart bed was moved out...destined, it seemed for the trash heap...ahh, but the longer I looked at it, the more USEFUL it appeared! The drawer fronts would make three terrific little wall shelves. The mattress platform (repainted, of course!) is just what I need to build the dividing wall between Darcy's area of the room and Rayna's. And the old bedframe, itself?...a great bookcase for Doug's new room! Here it is, newly installed back into his room...his former bedframe repainted and fitted with pine planks...now a Spiderman-urban-feel bookcase!


7 comments:

JEff said...

Sounds like there was a lot of fun. Your floors are so pretty too!

4D said...

Beautiful location! I love the sleeping kidlet pics...too funny!

Keep smilin!

RamblingMother said...

Love the new "bed." What a sweet husband, I think he is a keeper,:}.

Oh boy wearing the kids out like that too funny!!

C's Mom said...

Lookin' wonderful!'

Lisa said...

Grant is so romantic!! What an absolutely beautiful card!!!! What a nice placed you stayed in....17 years....WOW!! That is awesome.

Vivian said...

Happy belated Anniversary! Our 16th is coming and I really like the handmade card idea. What a great husband you have!

Belated congratulations on selling the house. I'll check back about the other house for sure.

Kim said...

What a GREAT idea! I would never have come up with something so creative as making a bookshelf out of a bed frame. It turned out very nice.