Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Blessed...

Well, originally today, I had thought I would just summarize Harbor's progress rather than copying and pasting his mom's e-mail update here to the blog. And, that is what I did when her first e-mail update came through...but, the update late tonight just was so good to read, that I just have to post it here!:

Update from Harbor's mom, Elisabeth:

Harbor was taken off of dialysis early this afternoon. They left the ports in his neck in case they need to put him back on it. His urine output was acceptable but not impressive. They are waiting until morning to see his kidney numbers. They said if they did the blood work too early it would just show the effects of having been on dialysis. It was wonderful to see him lying there without one machine or another pulling blood out of his neck! We are really hoping his kidneys pick up and he won't have to be put back on dialysis.

His oxygen numbers were good again today. The x-ray this morning showed the ventilator was overinflating his right lung, so they turned it down two points. His carbon dioxide numbers were ok. He smiled today for the first time, and mom was there to see it.

Please pray his kidneys will work wonderfully, and that he won't swell up, and that he will continue to transition well to supporting himself as they keep pulling away supports.

Also, please pray his lungs will heal completely, and that he'll be protected from complications or infection. We are praying for only good news.


I love it that he smiled for the first time today!!! Earlier this evening, when I was talking with my mom, she was telling me about the conversation she had on the phone with Annika and how great Annika was sounding. Annika is so excited to be getting out of the hospital! She and her mom had a shopping trip through the hospital gift shop and Annika picked out a present to buy for her little sister, waiting for her at home. What a blessing our little ones are in our lives. And God is so faithful and compassionate in hearing our prayers and caring about the details of our lives.

2 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

Smiles are priceless. I will pray for this little one.

Anonymous said...

I can't help but think that this little man is going to really make his mark in the world. God sure is keeping his hand on him, isn't he? So happy to hear his progress! And Annika's. These are two very precious children.