Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Owning the Speech!

Wow! What a speech Sarah Palin delivered tonight! She OWNED it!!! I have had my differences with McCain in the past (many times!), but I have been so encouraged by the choice he made for his running mate. The pundits keep commenting on how the base has been electrified...well, I can't speak for the base, but, for myself there is an excitement and enthusiasm for his candidacy that I would not have believed possible from me just a few months ago.

Grant, reading over my shoulder just now, wanted me to be sure and mention that WE were for Palin a LONG time ago...just after Mitt Romney stepped aside as a Presidential candidate. She wasn't an unknown, a name out of nowhere for us!

Whoo Hoo!!!!!





just to recap(!) I am copying here a comment I left on the "Life as a Lewis" blog:

We listened to the speeches last night. I was particularly interested in
hearing Sarah Palin's speech...and WOW!...she nailed it down!!! I am just so
excited that she is on the ticket! SHE is someone I can whole-heartedly vote
for!...and that assertion is not based on a speech. My husband and I were hoping
she would be the VP pick before HUCKABEE even left the race...long before we had
ever heard her SPEAK publicly...we knew her by her accomplishments, and what she stood for both in her words AND, more importantly, in the choices she lived by.



(Though she was at the top of OUR list, we never dreamed she actually would be picked and were shocked (pleasantly so!) when she was.)


One last WHOOOOO-HOOOOO!!!!

7 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

She spoke very well last night! I like her!

Anonymous said...

She definitely did!!!

RamblingMother said...

I am so excited I am voting for the VP this year!!

Melissa said...

We were very impressed with her last night as well. I did not know much about her until she became McCain's running mate, but I have been very impressed.

redmaryjanes said...

I must say that I am more comfortable with the VP candidates in the race than the Presidential. Kinda funny.

Anonymous said...

Well, the Vice Presidential candidates are a very important consideration...afterall, the Vice President is only a heartbeat away from assuming the Presidency herself or himself!

I like the way Beverly put it, "I am voting for the VP this year!!"...yup! Me, too!!!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree on the VP thought. I've been disappointed in the presidential candidates but from what little I've seen of her Palin is the cream of the crop!