Steady Increments of Progress:
From Harbor's Mom, Elisabeth:
Today they started a little of the diuretic to inch him toward being off of dialysis. It sounds like within a day or so they will be challenging his kidneys more to get them working again.
He was in pain a good bit, and he needed one of us right there to soothe him. I'm really hoping tonight is easier.
The cultures still haven't come back positive which I'm hoping means they're negative. (yay!) His x-ray today looks about the same as yesterday. The nurse said that's not a bad thing when we've had such a massive change. It's good for it to look the same, and not worse.His blood gases today were good, and his oxygen saturation levels were great. So far he's tolerating everything pretty well. The only negative thing she said today was that his ph wasn't spectacular. It's acceptable, but not great. This is related to the buildup of carbon dioxide in his blood. 
I took a picture today because this is how we spend a lot of time up there- he wants his hand held all the time. When he wakes and is sad, he kind of grabs all around with both arms, looking for our hands. When he finds a finger he holds it and holds it, even in his sleep.
A nurse came up to me today and asked if he was the Harbor she heard a prayer request for on KCBI. I said, "Well, I don't know of any other Harbors..." She smiled and said, "I heard that, and I thought hey, I know him!" Thank you to whoever did that.
Please pray he will rest easily and will not hurt- that the staff will talk with him and not ignore him when he's awake or crying.
Please pray his lungs will keep healing, and that his ph will get much better.
Please pray they'll be able to wean him quickly from the ventilator, oxygen and nitric oxide, and that he'll tolerate the drops in support as they take it away.
Please pray his kidneys will come back strong, and that he will no longer have "leaky veins" that make him swell up when they take the dialysis away.
Please pray that his body temperature would be right- today it kept being a bit low. Hung around 96.2 even under his heater.
Also, please pray for protection and overall strengthening for him. He is sometimes so miserable- we are longing to take him home. Please pray it would be quicker than the doctors guess could happen- that the Lord will send us rapid healing.











No comments:
Post a Comment