Doug spent part of the evening hanging from the tree in our front yard and the rest of the evening handing out treats, happily admiring the wide array of costumes that paraded up to our door! Rayna put together her own costume from several costumes because she wanted to go as a Genie-Cowgirl. Originally we put saddle bags on Ransom she was going to be Rayna's pack-mule, but, she kept trying to play tug-of-war with the legs of Rayna's fine steed (aptly named "Gabby"!), so, Ransom had to hang back with me instead of being out front with Rayna as she went from door to door gathering treats.
Early in the evening, while it was still light, a pair of DARE officers pulled up and asked me, "How old is your boy?" I told them Ransom was four months and they went on and on about what a gorgeous dog she is. To hear police officers admiring my dog, just pretty much made my night! (I have noticed that the canines most often used in police work are extra dark like Ransom. The darker dogs do look more intimidating, so, maybe they purposely favor darker dogs when choosing one to train?) Darcy spent the evening helping out with "Trunk or Treat" at our church and, then, did a bit of Trick-or-Treating herself with some of her friends.











5 comments:
The life in Bolivar must be hard on Darcy. She has really aged. lol
Looks like fun. I love the whole genie/cowgirl idea. And hanging from a tree...no better way to spend an evening. LOL!!
I love the genie/cowboy. Halloween is all about fantasy!
when the officers asked "how old is your boy?", why did you respond with your dog's age?
Because my SON wasn't with me! It was just Rayna, Ransom, and I out Trick or Treating. Besides, they were looking straight at Ransom when they asked. It's all in the context, Jan, all in the context!!!
Post a Comment