Thursday, October 23, 2008

Have the NECESSARY Supply for Camping
TRIPLE CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CAKE


(The text on the cake reads, "Happy Birthday Monica and Good Luck with your Dumb Coyote Dog!")

Lisa arrived here last night in the pouring rain...bearing this beautiful chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling, topped with chocolate butter cream frosting! We are going to Roaring River State Park to camp this weekend and she thought we needed to celebrate my birthday there!

Now, as to the message on top of the cake (some reference to my dumb coyote dog!) you have to understand that there is some SERIOUS rivalry between us regarding who has the better pup!

12 comments:

RamblingMother said...

beautiful cake. have fun on the camping trip!!

Lisa said...

My Dearest OLDEST friend in this world---FOR YOU in the absolutely pouring down rain--even missing my exit by a long shot on the hwy to your house, just having eye surgery on both eyes this week---come drenched at your door with rain drops all on the plastic top of your cake----only to find you shocked to see the truth written in red on the B-day cake. Ransom is dumber than a box of rocks...looks extremely homely--looking like a scroungy coyote and when she runs... she even looks like a coyote trotting in the distance. What blows my mind is that she had the pick of the litter!!

a Tonggu Momma said...

You have the better pup, of course. (No offense to Lisa - I'm just loyal.)

Happy birthday and have fun camping.

Nadine said...

Well Happy Birthday to you! What a fun way to spend it - with yummy cake.

kerri said...

Happy Birthday Monica!!
Being a loyal reader, I'm with Tonggu Mom, Ransom rocks!! ;)
Have a wonderful weekend...

Polar Bear said...

Are you really going to be able to not touch that cake until the weekend? Wow!! I'm impressed!! In this house only part of the cake would make it camping. :o)

Have a wonderful time and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Stacy
Ps. I am sure Ransom is the top dog! ;o)

Anonymous said...

Well, of course Ransom is the smarter and better dog....after all, she IS a Cochran!!!

redmaryjanes said...

Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Briana's Mom said...

That cake looks so delicious!

Anonymous said...

Well, you all are SO RIGHT (0: ....Ransom is SO MUCH smarter, and braver, and prettier than her ratty little sister! (0:

Oh...and, Stacy, you were right...we WEREN'T able to hold out until the weekend to eat that DELICIOUS chocolate cake!!! In fact, LISA couldn't even wait until the rest of the family got home from school and from work...she was cutting into that thing at lunch time today...then, at supper we practically polished the rest of it off!

Anonymous said...

which part of the dog comment was supposed to be the insult? 8)

Noemi said...

That cake sure looks yummy! I have done the tag on my blog! LOL I am not as weird as I thought, cause I had to think long and hard to come up with five things. But then I did not have the guts to ask anyone to see if I really have some weird random quirks about me. LOL

Have fun this weekend!