An Octagenarian Conquers the CyberSphere!
She is 84 years old (am I allowed to tell that Gram?!) and is just entering the world of blogging for the first time! She doesn't have a computer...she is blogging from a very finicky web TV set-up that is very user-unfriendly (in my humble opinion) and having to work around a narrow TV screen that just shows half of the internet window at a time (or squooshes it together so that you can hardly make heads or tails out of it) and has annoying wavy lines going through it continually (TV about to bite the dust, in other words)...YET she is venturing out into creating her own blog!!!! And she is just fiesty enough to conquer Blogger and etch out her own little corner of cyberspace, even though handicapped with just WebTV and a TV set that is almost shot.
If you would like to get to know Gram better, just head on over to her blog! Oh, and leave a footprint (comment) while you are there! It will tickle her to see who has visited! (And, while you are there, be sure to scroll ALL THE WAY DOWN to the bottom of the page and check out a few of the poems she has written. She has enough poems to fill a book...but only eight or so are on her blog, so far. Oh...and you can admire that gorgeous German Shepherd that guards her her fiercely! He is Ransom's daddy...and absolutely the most beautiful (and largest) (and fiercest) German Shepherd I have ever known! Hope my little Ransom takes after her daddy!
I am just so proud of Gram's grit! Not many folks from her generation would tackle cyberspace with the confidence and enthusiasm that she has!!!
(Gram is actually the grandmother of my two dearest friends...but she lets me call her Gram, too!)











9 comments:
Hi Monica!
Thank your for stoping by my blog. I am still trying to figure out the video. I removed it and then uploaded it again. It is weird cause I can see it just fine. I also uploaded another video of My son's performance on a school play.
I look forward to reading your blog. Your children are just adorable....
PS I stopped by Grams blog... Loved her poems...
HOW COOL!!!! I am going to go and check out her blog now!!
Love the picture! What a beautiful dog!
That is way too cool! I'm going to check her blog too. I think she's amazing!
Thank you for stopping by today.
Your children are beautiful.
Lastly, Grandma blogging at 84 is too cool for words. I will have to go visit.
She totally rocks, I'm going to visit. ;)
I'm going to click on over and see her blog!
That is so cool!
A-mazing! Very cool and I am off to check it out.
Keep smilin!
LOL Way to go Gram!
She's got spunk!
Post a Comment