Monday, October 27, 2008

Hot Off the Press!



Run right out and grab a copy of the November issue of "Bluegrass Unlimited" and you can read a four page article on "The Tradition of Kansas City Bluegrass"! The article is a retrospective of the four foundational bands in the Kansas City area over the past 37 years. One of those four bands is The Bluegrass Missourians (the band that Grant was a member of for 28 years, until last year when we moved to Bolivar)!

(That article is on pages 40-43. There is a picture of the band--while Grant was still playing with them--on page 41.)

4 comments:

Nadine said...

That's lots of fun to be mentioned in an article. You should post the photo.

Mic said...

I would, Nadine, but I can't find it! (It is a photo that I took of the band, that the band submitted when they heard the article was being published...so, considering I was the photographer you would THINK I could dig the photo up now to put on my BLOG...but, NO...my computer is one of the most disorganized things on the planet. Probably the photo file IS still on my computer, but I can't find it!!!

I tried scanning the whole article tonight using my printer/scanner, but, it seems my overwhelmed computer (did I mention I REALLY need to clear a BUNCH of old photos off my hard drive?) has decided that it no longer recognizes the drivers for the printer/scanner. I think I just have so much of the memory tied up that it can't function much at all any longer...EVERYTHING has become slow and tedious on this computer.

So, alas, no scanned images of the article and no copy of THE photo...at least I was able to snag an on-line image of the current Bluegrass Unlimited issue.

redmaryjanes said...

Very cool! You know I'm a KC girl!

Vivian said...

I'm sending this to my husband so he can take a look. I know he gets this magazine.