Wednesday, October 29, 2008

She Has a Problem...

It's in our genes. It has mercilessly marked five successive generations. But she doesn't SHARE my genes, so, I had thought she would be safe.

I was wrong.

Today the truth slapped me in the face.

My youngest has a problem. Only four months old and already she is addicted...to the white stuff.

Am I sure she is addicted?...well, let's put it this way...
the DEALERS.know.her.by.name.




Yes...today I happened to pass through the DQ drive-through to pick up my regular. As I pulled up to the window, I overheard voices from the dim, cool recesses of the DQ as one shadowy figure asked the other, "Can you pass this through to Ransom?"

How do they KNOW her NAME??? I can only assume that she has been making trips to the DQ on the sly, without me, to get those irresistible Pup Cups.

Eating it in secret...I'm pretty sure that is one of the hallmarks of an addiction...
and, here, all this time, I've thought she was just a social ice cream eater...




I can only wonder, where will the madness end?

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Wahahahahhahaaaa!

Deb said...

LOL
That's making me crave a hit....
;O)

Anonymous said...

Quick!!! Get to the nearest DQ Anonymous before it's too late!!! lol

Nadine said...

Wow...at such a young age this happens.

Your pup is cute. I can just picture her with that cup full of ice cream.

Briana's Mom said...

Snort!!!

Polar Bear said...

That's Hilarious!!

RamblingMother said...

LOL!!

Anonymous said...

What is YOUR favorite, Monica? Have you gone to Andy's yet? I LOVE their chocolate soda! I know they have them in Springfield...not sure about Bolivar. BUT....in Bolivar is Kathy's Pasta and their baked spaghetti is awesome!!!

Duke said...

OMG, the HUGE container of ice cream is making us drool!

Love ya lots,
Maggie and Mitch