Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Tagged, tagged, tagged, tagged, tagged, tagged, tagged, tagged, and tagged!


Rats! I got tagged by Elissa over at The Harrells...guess THAT will teach me to be a cyber stalker, huh?!

Rules:
1. Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules
2. Share 7 random or weird facts about yourself
3. Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and link to them
4. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Oh well...let's see, I am suppose to link back to the person who tagged me (done!) and then I have to list 7 weird or random things about myself. hmmmm....

hmmmm.....

hmmmmmm.....

Okay, I know....I will ask DARCY! She won't have any trouble thinking of something to write! Here it goes...

Darcy's input:
1. You can't cook.

2. You're 47. (DING...I've told her a bazillion times that I am NOT 47!!! I'm 46! and I have only BEEN 46 for seven measly days, at that!!!)

Ummm...I can't think of anything else! (Which just goes to show you that Darcy is far more like her mother than anyone might have thought!!! Neither of us can think of weird things about me...or, sadly, even INTERESTING things about me!)


Okay, give me a minute here... guess I will just go for RANDOM things about myself:

1. I love dog training. I used to do it competitively. I always thought that training kids would be as easy as training dogs. Wrong. You see, the thing is, my social worker really frowned on me putting a choker collar on Darcy and giving her a little pop on the end of the leash when she acted out. Plus, she didn't like dog biscuits.

2. I was the first child in my family and the first grandchild on both sides. In fact, I was the ONLY grandchild on both sides for a rather long time. No, that doesn't mean I was spoiled! I was ultra RESPONSIBLE...and MAYBE kind of bossy.

3. I have been trying (off and on!) to learn to speak Spanish for 33 years now and Chinese (Mandarin) for 23 years now. At least I don't give up on a goal! (Yes, you guessed it, I don't speak but a smattering of either.) But, that small fact has not at all dimmed my ENTHUSIASM for studying it! I have an IMPRESSIVE collection of Rosetta Stone programs (Spanish I & II and Chinese I & II)...and lots of books and flashcards. I can ALWAYS find another book or learning aide in the foreign language section of any bookstore to be irresistably tempted by!

4. I dearly love teaching English as a Second Language (strictly on the amateur/totally volunteer level, that is!)...and am far more successful at teaching others to speak English than I am at mastering other languages, myself. (of course, I also have Rosetta Stone's English I & II!) ....hmmm...I wonder what that says about me? maybe just that I have no talent for learning a language but it doesn't stop me from teaching a language!...I'm not as smart as my students!!!...BUT, that is to their advantage, I suppose, because it makes me a REALLY empathetic/encouraging teacher! I am always just so amazed when other people can learn to speak English...I'm like, "Wow! Look what you're doing!!! I wish I could do that!!!"

5. I love learning about other cultures and traveling. My life has been so enriched by the friends I have met along the way from other countries.

6. I will eat almost anything. I'm picky...but I will try anything. I'm a lot less picky in a foreign country! I can't think of a single food item that would GROSS me out. I don't care for sushi...but it doesn't gag me. I like fried chicken feet. The little eely things we ate in China weren't that great, but they didn't gross me out. When a member in our group asked our translator, "Is this beef?", pointing to the only non-eely little things on the table and the translator said, "Yes." and my wary companion said, "Is it REALLY?" and the translator said, "No."...it didn't bother me a bit. I kept eating. We never were told what it really was. It tasted good, whatever it was.

7. They know me by my order at our DQ drive-through...it is always the same..."Can I have a medium Tin Roof Brownie blizzard without any chocolate syrup in it and can you make it with half vanilla ice cream and half chocolate ice cream and only put in 1/3 of the normal amount of mix-ins? Oh...and can I have a pup cup with that, too?" They never ask me to repeat my order and they always make it perfectly! And, if I don't order the pup cup, they will call back through the speaker and ask, "Do your have your dog with your today? Would you like a pup cup with that?" Did I mention that Ransom has a HUGE ice cream addiction? She can scent a Dairy Queen three miles away!!!


Yeah!!!!...got that done!!!!....now, let's see...I have to tag seven people....hmmm.... Guess I can't tag the Ellerbees from Meant to Bee (considering I stole the "been tagged" logo off their blog just today...ie, they've already been hit, themselves!)

Sooo....

I'm tagging:

1. Gram (Mary Patty)...she's been a blogger for a whole 36 hours now, so it's about time SHE got tagged! (0:

2. Checking Boxes because they haven't posted in a while now!!!

3. Reed's folks over at Landlife, because I always enjoy picking on them!

4. Vivian over at Bits and Pieces, because she actually posted a video recently that combines her hobby (knittin') and her husband's hobby (pickin')...and it is pretty darn funny! So, she might as well give us some weird facts to read when we all pop over there to check out that hilarious video!

5. Debz over at Sugar and Spice and a Little Rice because she had this hilarious character on her blog Monday, and I just wanted a good excuse to steal it and put it on my blog, too! (See, the reasoning? I have to PUT the illustration here so that you will understand why I am TAGGING her! Works, doesn't it!!!)

6. Noemi over at Living the Florida Life because she is, like, my very NEWEST blogger friend!!! (I am beginning to write like Junie B. Jones speaks...that is a bit scary! I really DO need to get done with this post because it is bringing out weirdness I didn't even know I had!) (Please...don't anyone else tag me! This is just too much work and too much strain on my poor brain! Let's see...I'm ALMOST done...just have to pick on one more poor soul! Who shall it be? Duck, Duck, Goose, Duck...)

7. Okay...drum roll please(!)...the last victim will be BRIANA'S MOM over at Life with Briana because since she is so sweet to comment so often, maybe she won't hate me for drafting her into a meme!


oh...wait...I just recalled something from the far recess of my mind...a blogger who once mentioned that she LIKED memes...I remember her making this observation, because at the time that I read it, I was clueless as to what a meme was! So, going above and BEYOND the call of duty, I am going to tag an EIGHTH VICTIM!!!...

8. Vivacemusica over at Words Dry and Riderless!


Oh, wow!...I'm really on a roll now, because I just thought of one more person to pick on this go around!...

9. My friend over at Forever and a Day because she would be terrific at this. SHE, unlike me, can actually think of INTERESTING random things to write about!!!

Whooo...I'm done!

7 comments:

Nadine said...

Well it was very interesting learning some of these facts about you, since I'm new to your blog. I also learned you have quite the sense of humor.

I've done this tag so many times - you can find it in my archives.

Debz character thing was amusing.

Deb said...

He he, that's funny!
He is darn cute isn't he!
I think he looks like my dog!
Ok...I have done this tag before so I'll try to come up with some different random things. Give me a bit...

in the mean time....think Gram can find me a word that rhymes with orange? She seems brilliant like that.

Briana's Mom said...

LOL! I was tagged with this not too long ago, but I am sure I can come up with 7 more crazy, um, I mean random facts about myself!

I am still laughing at your Dairy Queen order! ;)

Noemi said...

Hmmmm I have not been tagged in a while. But I will bite on this one! It may take me a couple of days (does that mean I am not weird) but I will get it done!

Polar Bear said...

I used to train my dogs too!!!! I showed on obedience with my perfect sheltie!! I miss it. Do you really mean that raising kids is not like raising dogs? Oh No!!! ;o)

I was the first born grandchild, but I wasn't spoiled. (Just don't ask my brothers, ok?)

I really enjoyed reading your sevens list. I didn't know DQ did a pup cup. That's fun!!!

I'll get to a list. Jeepers... Then people will really KNOW I'm nuts!

Deb said...

There I did it! Most fun I've evah had doing a meme!
Hope I didn't cheat.....

vivacemusica said...

Monica, thanks for remembering me! Yes, I DO love memes! I've done one like this before, but I'll think of 7 more weird things.... I don't think it should be too difficult! Just give me a day or two!

And I think your notion of becoming an English as a Second Language teacher is worth exploring. It's never too late! My dad, who is 62, is back in school pursuing a business degree. He had dropped out of school to become a carpenter's apprentice in order to support his family at age 15 (his step-mom was a single mom, and there were 5 kids), but did end up taking his high school equivalency later and earning a degree in Comparative Literature in Taiwan. He had always wanted a degree from Canada, and I admire him for doing it now.

Oh, and your efforts at learning Spanish and Mandarin are very much like my pursuit at being fluent in French. I have all the CD's and programs, and am not about to give up!