Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Another Power Ranger
Goes Down in Flames...

While cooking supper tonight, I was entertained as I eavesdropped on my two youngest children, engrossed in a world of their own in the adjoining family room.

Rayna, as is her custom was admonishing Doug first about one thing and then another. It seems her brother made the mistake of calling her "Rayna"...in a rather high-brow tone I heard her correct him, telling him that actually her name was "Eliz-a-beth!". So, he agreeably amended his sentence and this time called her "Eliz-a-beth", but, by then she had again changed her mind and imperiously informed him that ACTUALLY her name was "AMANDA!" Patiently, Doug began once more, this time addressing her as "Amanda". I was chopping potatoes and the rest of his part of the conversation was drowned out until I heard Rayna's voice cutting through with disdain, informing him, "I CAN'T MARRY YOU, DOUG! You're my BROTHER...and that would be...AWKWARD. Besides, you're a POWER RANGER and I am a PRINCESS. I don't WANT to marry a POWER RANGER!" I could just imagine the toss of her head that must have accompanied her pronouncement.

I HAD to sneak in and look at the scene at that point, and this is what I found...



Sure enough...it IS just like Rayna said...he's a Power Ranger and she is a Princess, so, of course it would NEVER, EVER work out!

7 comments:

Noemi said...

That is one cute story!

C's Mom said...

Hehehe...what? Is the princess holding out for Batman?

Rebecca said...

I'm cracking up about the Power Ranger and Princess!

I saw your comment on my blog and knew who you were immediately! What an incrediby small world. And the connection to the Ellerbees too!

Yes, you met us at Lisa and Iran's house when we came over to see the dogs. Nora was with us, but that was before we traveled to Ethiopia to bring Ruby and Elizabeth home. Lisa is my step-sister! And I had met Rayna before once when she was with Lisa a long time ago and Lisa stopped by her mom's (and my dad's) house with her!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oh dear. Poor little power ranger. Can't marry any princesses. How sad. :-)

kerri said...

Just too cute!!
Don't worry power ranger, someday you will get your princess...

a Tonggu Momma said...

Why am I now imagining the Power Ranger and a Goose, standing in a bar, singing "you never close your eyes anymore when I kiss your lips"

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

The power ranger and the princess..it sounds like a book!