The Corruption of Rayna,
the Saga Continues...
Today as Grant was taking the kids to school, the two younger ones were fussing back and forth with each other in the back seat. Finally, Rayna's voice rang out loudly, "Douglas! Quit Corrupting Me!"
Now this statement requires a bit of explaining! Rayna had had an extremely bad morning. Her attitude had been terrible from the git go...ranging from ranting/berating to wailing/sobbing. The last straw had come earlier that morning when I had overheard a complete exchange between her and her older sister in the bathroom. Darcy asked Rayna in a surprisingly pleasant tone of voice to "Please take your beads out of the bathroom." (Mind you, these were the SAME beads that I had told her only moments earlier were NOT to be stashed in the bathroom drawer, reserved for hair supplies, and WERE to be kept in HER BEDROOM.) Rayna had blown up at her sister and yelled some ugly retort. I had stepped in and corrected her bad attitude. Near as Grant can figure, our little volcano was aggravated that her older brother was once more "causing" her to have a bad attitude and she was just fed up with how everyone in this family is CORRUPTING her...making her have a bad attitude, you know! Where on earth she ran across the word "corrupt", I will never know...but, she evidently felt it was a word worth adding to her repertoire!
Thankfully, she came home from school tonight all smiles and sweetness. Guess a day away from the corrupting influence of her family did her good!
At supper, Rayna declared, "I'm starvin' like a cow!" ...which must be something akin to being hungry as a horse!











7 comments:
That's hilarious!
I love how kids use words they've heard in totally different ways! Kids are so creative--whether they mean to be or not!
Now to eat breakfast...I'm hungry as a cow! :)
Becky
What cute phrases... seems ahead of her time!!
Alyson
I love kid-isms! It's one of my most favorite things and why I became a teacher.
That is hilarious!!
My kids were corrupting me this morning, LOL.
I love visiting, you always leave me smiling..
Amazing what comes out of the mouths of babes.
Too cute!
I am SOOOO using Rayna's comment next time I do something bad. "Anthony! Quit corrupting me!" Tee hee.
LOL!! Love the cow analogy
Post a Comment