Monday, November 03, 2008

Just a few of the reasons I will be voting for McCain/Palin:

Obama wants to aggressively redistribute income. He wants to raise taxes and grow the government larger. Doing this in a time of recession could very well throw this country into a depression. Obama tax increases will very adversely affect the MAJORITY of small businesses.

Barney Franks (the same guy who pushed policies that effectively forced banks to make risky loans and then castigated them when the fruit of those policies was the failure of Fannie May and Freddie Mac) just recently stated that he wants to see the budget for the military to be cut by 25%. If Obama is elected, Barney Franks and Nancy Palosi will have full reign to carry out their damaging plans.

Biden, himself, recently said that electing Obama will be an invitation for an international crisis to test Obama. If you are a terrorist, who would you rather pick on...someone who plans on just discussing your bad behavior with you or someone who will walk quietly but carry a big stick?

Just this week, in an interview, Barak himself stated that his plan WILL make electricity costs skyrocket and that coal plants WILL go out of business because of the fines that he will be slapping on them for environmental reason. Obama wants us all to be at the mercy of our government...dependent upon our government for our hand-outs.

Obama has stated that one of the first priorities he will have once assuming office is to push through the "Fairness Doctrine"...this regulation will not only hand liberals the means to silence conservative talk radio, but will also endanger the freedom of speech from the pulpits of our own churches.

Obama has stated that another of his priorities will be to do away with secret ballots for bringing labor unions in. It is fine to have labor unions, but I believe people should be allowed to FREELY choose whether or not to join these unions. If Obama gets his way (and he will with a Democratic majority in both the House and the Senate!) legislation will be passed which does away with the secret balloting. Workers will not be allowed to vote in privacy, in secret, whether they want the union brought in or not. All votes will be open and that will leave people wide open to coercion and strong-arming to vote "for" the unions.

Obama today announced that he wants to begin a Civilian Security force...the last country to do this was Germany in the 1930's. Obama wants way, way, way too much power for the Federal government. Frankly, I don't trust the Federal Government enough to allow them to have the power that Obama wants them to have...whether it is "conservatives" "in power" or "liberals" "in power". Too much power concentrated in one place corrupts. Our freedom has always been based on a LIMITATION of the federal government's power. No wonder Obama publicly stated that he does not think the Constitution of the United States is good. He believes government should be all powerful/all beneficent. Unfortunately, if we let the government be all powerful, it will NOT be all beneficent no matter how good the intentions were. Look at China and it's horrible human rights violations or Cuba. We are going down a slippery slope if we allow the government to become our Big Brother. (I haven't even gotten into the troubling nature of the people who have groomed Barak and launched his arrival onto the political scene years ago...like William Ayers, Burnadette Dorne, Reverend Wright and other activists with blatant Marxist views. I haven't even gotten into the close connection between Obama and ACORN which has been involved in massive voter fraud. There is so much I have not even begun discussing here which leaves me with genuine fear of what changes Barak Obama will bring to this country if he is given the chance.)

Finally, I cannot vote for Obama because I think the Right to Life is my moral responsibility. In the Senate, Obama voted AGAINST a law that would garauntee comfort measures, medical care and protection for babies born ALIVE after a botched abortion...for fear that doing this small thing would endanger the strength of Roe vs Wade. Obama's preference is that those vulnerable babies be allowed to die from negligence (as is the practice).

Obama has belittled America...speaking apologetically of our nation on foreign soil. He sees himself more as a "citizen of the world" that a citizen of this country. (Just listen to the speech he made in Berlin or many of his other speeches.) He is more interested in getting the approval and acceptance of other countries (even regimes at WAR with us) than he is in standing up for this great country. Yes, our country has made mistakes, but we have accomplished great things, too and we are a great country. I am not ashamed of this country and I will be proud of my country no matter what the rest of the world says or believes, because I know what we are and what we have accomplished.


Post Script: I just heard that Barak's Grandma died today. My heart goes out to him and his family during this loss. And, I want to clarify that what I have written in this post is not an attack on Obama...it IS an attack on his policies and the direction he wants to take our country in. If I were voting based on personality, Barak would probably get my vote. But, that would be a very, very foolish way to decide who to vote for. You will probably notice that my reasons for voting for the McCain/Palin ticket has more to do with my fear of the CHANGES Obama has envisioned for our country (a march straight into socialism) than who McCain is or what he has envisioned for our country. If he is elected, McCain will probably aggravate me every hoopstitch...BUT, I trust his ability to keep our country SAFE from outside aggressors and I trust him to not do too much damage, otherwise, while he is in office. He IS liberal...but he's not a Socialist. If Palin were heading the ticket, I would be heart and soul behind the ticket. I was surprised recently when a close friend commented that she didn't like Palin because she was "such an airhead". I did a double take! Palin...an AIRHEAD?! As I questioned my friend more, I discovered that her only source of news information was CNN....ahhh...the mystery was clearing....she hasn't heard any voice but that of the strongly biased mainstream media. That night, she watched Fox News with us and they just happened to be interviewing Sarah Palin. My friend was surprised. After listening to the interview, she admitted that Sarah didn't sound or act at all like an airhead. I'm afraid that far too many people know Tina Faye's portrayal of Sarah Palin and think that IS Sarah Palin. Her portrayal is HILARIOUSLY FUNNY (even to me!), but it is NOT Sarah Palin...not by a long, long shot.

4 comments:

redmaryjanes said...

I am voting for Obama and won't get into the many reasons I am not comfortable with McCain.

But I am so glad to see that everyone is getting out and voting and people are passionate about the candidates they support.

I think this post is great, you are telling people why you believe what you do and urging them to get out there and cast a vote!

Anonymous said...

hard to believe that anyone still trusts CNN!

Lori Skoog said...

You and I must not be hearing things the same way. The scare tactics are typical of the Republicans. How many times does Obama have to say the taxes will not be raised for 95% of the people? And Sarah Palin...are you kidding me? You think FOX news is not biased? Did deeper.

Doug and Terrye said...

I know this is a bit late, but I am happy to find a like-minded person! I agree, if it were a personality contest I might have voted for Barak (even though I really love Sarah Palin and all that she stands for). But I know that I will have to answer for the vote that I cast, and I believe that Obama's liberal agenda is does not line up with the belief system that I follow.
And I love, love, love Fox news...yep, Fair and Balanced!!!!!

Terrye in FL