My Blessings...
Saturday morning was quite strange...in a wonderous way! Grant and I actually got to sleep in. Doug awoke early (as usual), but was unusually quiet. He stayed in his room playing his DS game with the volume turned all the way down. About 9:30am, I slipped out of bed long enough to slip Doug and Rayna (who by then was awake, too) a pop tart each and a glass of milk each. Two minutes later, I was snuggled back into bed next to my sleeping husband. By the time we finally got out of bed, around 10:30 am, all three children were awake and watching cartoons with the volume turned down so low we couldn't even hear that the TV was on in our room...in fact, we couldn't hear anything except the murmur of occasional soft giggling. My children NEVER get along pleasantly with each other for two minutes...not when ALL THREE of them are present!...any combination of two of the three can get along beautifully, but a chemical reaction happens when all three of them are in close proximity and they fight like cats and dogs! But, Saturday morning they all liked each other, they were all calm and quiet and content....it was like the pod people had taken over my children! There was no antagonism or animosity in the air. It was like an episode of Brady Bunch, or My Three Sons! It was wonderful! (Did I add that Doug hadn't even had his Ritalin? In fact, I forgot to give it to him entirely on Saturday!) Whatever was affecting the three of them had worn off by Sunday morning, though.... sigh.....
Saturday afternoon, Darcy and I attended an Upper Case party. (You know where they sell wall tatoos!) Leafing through the book of available sayings, I ran across several that I was really tempted to buy. One was a definition of boys (a noise with dirt on it) and another was a definition of girls (giggles wrapped in sunlight ...or something like that!), but the one that I think I really MUST have was this: "Grant me the patience to deal with my blessings!"
Amen!











8 comments:
That must have felt great, sleeping in. I can't remember the last time I slept past 6:30 am....
Sounds like you had a perfect Saturday morning!
I love that saying. It's great.
I'm sure those Saturday sleep-ins are rare. I'm glad you got to enjoy it. Thankfully, S.G. has no one to argue with right now....we sleep as late as we want on Saturdays. I, of course, get up with her to get her some breakfast and turn on the tv. Then I go right back to bed.
Grant me the patience to deal with my blessings, LOL, where can I buy one!!
So glad you had some extra snuggle time in your bed on Saturday, sometimes I too get this rare oppurtunity, it's bliss. ;)
I got mine at a home party, but they have a web site... UpperCaseLiving.Com I haven't checked out their web site yet, but supposedly their entire catalog is on-line there. The sayings are these elegant looking removable stickers that you can put up on your walls. They are kind of pricey...but they are neat!
That is a GREAT saying!!
I remember getting up with my brothers on Saturday morning. It was the only time we didn't argue over something trivial. We would get boxes of cereal and watch cartoons until our parents got up. I think we felt 'older'. Glad you had such a great morning.
Sounds like a wonderful Saturday morning!
Post a Comment