Friday, November 14, 2008

Rose Goes to the Office Again!

Rayna's Uncle Eric gave her this bear last summer. She immediately offered her bear back to him, suggesting that he could take "Rose" to his office to keep him company at work. Uncle Eric obliged and Rose had an exciting week hanging out at his office overseeing lots of computer programming and electrical motherboard sort of stuff that I don't understand well enough to describe here! Rose has held a favored position in Rayna's life since returning from her last adventure with Uncle Eric. Tonight, though, when Uncle Eric, Aunt Jan, and Grandma and Grandpa C were here visiting, Rayna decided it was again time to share Rose with Uncle Eric. Rayna bundled her up in a snuggly blanket so she wouldn't get cold on the way and happily waved at her as she sped off into the night, in Uncle Eric's care once more!

************************************************************************************

Tonight at supper, Rayna was allowed to order a FULL order of Texas Fajitas with the understanding that she would share some of it with her brother (who was eating Huevos Rancheros). When it was time for her to fork some of her Fajita over, Doug made the reasonable request that she NOT give him any of the shrimp (afterall, he does not like shrimp and she loves it). Instead of being happy with such an arrangement, I overheard Rayna snapping back, "You'll take what I give you and you will EAT it!" (Ouch...where does she GET that? I read other people's blogs and they are so gentle and kind with their children and their children are so sweet. Then there is us and our kids.)

6 comments:

Briana's Mom said...

I am totally cracking up over the Texas Fajitas story!

Hey - I have my snapping moments with Briana - believe me! She is a firecracker and it is hard to be sweet ALL the time!

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the story about the bear, but there was one error. Grandma & I gave Rayna that bear. Eric took Rose to the office with him today. It looked funny, seeing that big guy walking to his car carrying that stuffed bear.

Anonymous said...

Oops! Well, I wasn't right there when the bear was given (think I was still trying to drag myself out of the van)...just knew she got it when we were at Jan and Eric's! Guess I assumed incorrectly WHO gave her the bear! She sure does love that bear (not to mention her Uncle Eric whom she voluntarily shares custody of the bear with!)!

I think it is funny that she has never offered to share her bear with ANYONE else...just Uncle Eric! Even funnier is that Uncle Eric takes her seriously and TAKES that bear into work with him!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Tee hee. I don't know ANYONE who yells at their kids....(guilty as charged) Everyone is so sweet and kind. Yep. And I have a bridge to sell you too.....LOL!

Lisa said...

That is so funny what Rayna said I was laughing out loud!!!!

RamblingMother said...

love that she shares her bear with her uncle. what priceles memories.