Bet You Thought I Wasn't Going to Post Today!
Wrong! I'm getting in just under the wire!
Today was educational. I learned that kids now days have a ring tone designed specifically so that it cannot be heard by "old people" (by my kid's definition, this is anyone beyond about 22!).
We were riding along in the car, my three children, Darcy's friend Jaelin, and myself en route to do a bit of Christmas shopping down in Springfield. Pretty soon, Jaelin called out, "If you are hearing a strange sound right now, raise your hand!" Instantly, every hand in the car, except mine, shot up. They all looked at me expectantly and I looked blankly back. I didn't understand what this game was. All of a sudden the car broke in juvenile cheers and high fives all around and giggles of delight. Now I am REALLY lost. To release me from my stupor, Jaelin presses her cell phone tightly against my ear and THEN I hear it, a strange high pitched tone. At that point my oldest daughter informs me that it is a ring tone designed specifically to escape the hearing of "old people". She says lots of kids use it in school and she hears their phones going off all the time in the middle of class, but their teachers are never the wiser...because, of course, by the time you have managed to procure a teaching degree you are "old"...at least too old to hear the particular pitch of this ring tone designed to be only audible to kids.
Who knew?
Going on car trips with your kids and their friends can be so educational!











1 comment:
Thanks very much for your help, Monica!
Post a Comment