Looking Back Before the Blog:
Excerpts From the Darcy Journal
~CHINA: All Black and White~
Back in the days before my blog, I wrote stories about my (then) only child's day to day life and would e-mail them to various family members and friends. After a while, I had the good idea of SAVING all those little stories to a journal. The last entry was in May 2002...more than 300 pages from the beginning. I've gone through four computers since I first began writing those earliest e-mails...and I thought that along the way, I had lost the "Darcy Journal". I thought I had failed to copy it off the overcrowded hard-drive of the computer we trashed just before moving to Bolivar, which left me pretty sad every time I thought of it...but, today, I found at least a size-able portion (maybe the whole thing?) on a file that was copied onto my notebook computer (which is already showing signs of biting the dust, itself).
Anyway, I think I am going to start a new series, sort of a retrospective. (Of course I will finish up the adoption stories in two or three more installments, not dropping that!) I am going to launch a new series, too, though, picking out little tidbits from the old "Darcy Journal" and publishing them here...just because I'm having fun reading back over bits and pieces of the journal!
So...here is today's installment, written when Darcy was five years old:
September 22, 2000
Tonight Grant was reading “When You Were Born in China” to Darcy while I was at work. After listening for a while, her only question was, “Is everything in China in black and white?!” The book had lots of pictures, but all were in black and white!











3 comments:
I just love the book you made and sent for Doug, thank you for sharing.
I am looking forward to following some of Darcy's journal, thank goodness you didn't lose them!!
Have a great weekend...
Glad you found the treasured journal entries.
I have that book - good observation ;0)
heh heh
Post a Comment