Part III
JenGwo's Adoption
(10th in the series)
We made a book for JenGwo to introduce him to our family. He received it shortly before Christmas (seven months before coming home to us). I should have copied the pages before sending it. I didn't. When Doug came home to us, he brought this book back with him. A few pages were missing. But, here are the pages that still remained:
(You can click on the photos of the book's pages to see them enlarged to full screen size.)

































The two photos of Doug, in Taiwan, were taken at the Children's Home the day he received our book and other Christmas presents(on December 23, 2003). Ted and Bev were wonderful about taking lots of photos of Doug while he was there and sending them to us...giving us glimpses of his day to day life as his adoption wound through the Taiwanese court system.











6 comments:
Great stuff!
What a treasure to keep.
OK! I don't know why I'm wasting my breath. I've said it before and I am saying it again. You REALLY need to put all this together and publish a book! It would really be a good tool for other adoptive families. You are a marvelous writer! I just LOVE reading things that you have written. And, I am NOT the only person who says this!!!
What a treasure! I've seen lots of lifebooks, but this is the first time I've seen an "introduce you to the family" pre-adoption book. We need to chat!
This book is soooo wonderful! Truly amazing!
I was reading the poker story to Mother and the first thing she says is "She should write a book" I'm taking a vote on it! :-)
Jean, you are PERSISTENT, bless your heart!
Post a Comment