Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mysterious Old Houses...













Grant has always loved old, abandoned, dilapidated homes. He spent today taking some photos of two nearby old homes...

(He had tracked down the owners earlier to get permission to take photographs and, speaking with neighbors and the owner he had gotten a lot of interesting history and stories about the first house in particular. He was telling me about the house a while back when we had lunch together, but I have already forgotten what he told me about the house!...there was something about a murder in it...or maybe it was that the husband was killed falling off the roof? Whatever it was, it seemed like really interesting stuff at the time, but I honestly can't remember what it was! That is the problem with having a horrible memory! I guess I should have had GRANT write this post! He doesn't even know I pirated some of his photos off our camera to post here!)

(The good thing about having a horrible memory is that I am easily entertained...Grant can tell me the same stories over and over and I think it is the first time I have heard them!)

10 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Oooooh.....spooky. I love old houses too...so much mystery.....

Anonymous said...

be careful at places like that. The old house behind us in Briar was rumored to be a crack house.

Anonymous said...

What a shame when they are left to let go like that. They would both but the brick one particularly, make wonderful bed & breakfasts, don't you think? My interest, of late, has been running through my head of having a boarding house/assisted living type of place where it would be more homey for just a few people(three or four, maybe) that could have a little more freedom in their acitiviies. Something like that would be good, wouldn't it? I just wish I knew how to go about doing it. Oh well, your husband and his sisters have always been the more creative out of the whold bunch of us. Makes me wonder why I even like them! :-) Creative people make me feel inferior. Then, Grant had to go and marry you who can make a tremendous story out of someone tying their shoes! Now, I need to go drown my inferior complex in another cup of coffee! See what you do to me!!! I do love the pics though. Have Grant put the stories on. Now I'm intrigued.

Melissa said...

Wow, there must be lots of history in those homes.

C's Mom said...

Cool pictures. You can just make up your own creepy stories to go with them :0)

comingaroundagain said...

Mysterious old houses. It is interesting to find out a little about their 'former lives'. I love the photos.

Anonymous said...

Wow Jeannie! I think someone else is being a storyteller 8 )

Anonymous said...

Why, Jan? Just because I was whining so about the talent you all have?

kerri said...

I love the big, old red brich house, if the walls could talk.
Fascinating!!

Elisa...life as we know it. said...

They sure look spooky!