What Do Three Consecutive Days of Exercise Get You?
What do three consecutive days of exercise get you?...SICK! That's right! I'm spreading the word...exercise will damage your health! And I am walking proof. I was perfectly healthy when I began my new regimen of daily walks and now I am sick as dog. And it only took three days!
It is both humbling and gratifying to see how well my family functions without me. I have to admit, Grant is a super single parent. I got up this morning a little while after every one else had already assembled at the breakfast table. Being queasy, I didn't think breakfast for myself was a good idea, but I still hadn't decided whether to stay home from Sunday School and church or not. On the one hand, I didn't want to spread my germs and we Christians seem compelled to shake hands all over the place... But, on the other hand, I COULD just keep my hands sanitized with germex every hoop stitch...and I would be going to work if I were scheduled to work today, so surely I am well enough to worship... I stumbled back into my bedroom to continuing weighing this decision. Bed seemed the logical place to ponder whether I would go to church or not. Next thing I knew, I had completed a weird dream in which I was a cop chasing a serial killer through a Catholic hospital late at night with the assistance of a helpful custodian. (No...I'm not Catholic...but, I did work my way through college at night as a housekeeper in a Catholic hospital, though. I didn't have an area of my own, but, rather was the rotating person who worked EVERYONE'S area on their nights off...including the CEO's desserted office, the inner portions of the lab, the pharmacy, the boiler rooms, the often occupied-by-the-deceased morgue...). So, maybe my dream wasn't so bizarre after all! The point is, when I awoke, my eyes went straight to the clock and I saw it was time for every one to be leaving. Ummm...guess THAT decision was made. Then, the thought struck me that my youngest would momentarily be stepping out our door with uncombed hair! I ran out in the living room to fix this problem. There was Darcy, sweet as a picture, actually wearing a SKIRT (not dress pants!), with her Bible spread open in her lap, busy reading. Next to her on the sofa was Rayna...looking like she was ready for her portrait to be taken! Her hair was combed smoothly and perfectly pulled back with a pearl headband. And, Doug was standing quietly in hall just off the living room, as his father adjusted his tie. I slipped back to my room and grabbed my camera and snapped a stealthy shot of the scene before me. (I have to be stealthy, because if DARCY looks up and realizes I have my camera in hand, her face gets this contorted look of frustration as she flips her head away from the camera or protectively blocks her face with her hand, lest she be blinded by the flash!) The good news, is I had the perfect picture framed and shot before anyone realized I was there. The bad news is there was no SD card in my camera...so it was all flash and no picture! sigh. I MUST be sick...I can't even manage one little photo...
My stomach is writhing. I'm going back to bed.











11 comments:
Your post was so amusing but I hope you feel better soon! What a lovely family you have and I love your positive and humourous comments!
Blessings!
Feel better soon! I've been a bit under the weather myself, with Vancouver being dumped on with massive amounts of snow.
Too bad that the photo attempt did not work out.
You poor thing! I guess the only remedy is to stay away from exercise! :o)
Dreams are wild aren't they?!?
I gasped when I read "...no SD card..." What a perfect moment to capture.
Feel better! Remember STAY AWAY FROM EXERCISE!!
;o)
Ack! I hope you feel better soon!
I absolutely LOVE your advice, Stacey (Polar Bear)...I think I shall make a resolution to avoid all unnecessary exercise!!!
(No...not really!...my accountability partners, Lisa and Laura would never let me get away with that!)
(0:
Oh NOOO! Feel better soon!!!
Monica...I TOLD YOU we should not exercise...look at what it does to people....do you really think I am going to after what is did to you??
Hmmm! I guess ONE accountability partner is ready to turn enabler!!!
Oh I am a little late on this but sure hope you are feeling better!
monica, i loved your dream!
hope you are healthy again!
Post a Comment