The World Through Rayna's Eyes
Catching glimpses, through her comments, of how Rayna sees the world continually amuses me! Last night, Darcy's friend, Jayden, joined her for New Year's Eve. The girls had big plans...attend the church youth party at the University's Wellness Center from 9:30pm until 1:30am and then come back here to spend the rest of the night. Grant asked me, "What time are Jayden's parents picking her up tomorrow?" and I had replied, "Noon." Overhearing this conversation, Rayna piped up informatively, "Jayden's parents probably want her out of the house for a while so they can spend some quality time with their kitties!"
Then, today we were watching "Anne of Green Gables"... We had just finished watching the heartbreaking scene where Matthew Cuthbert falls in the pasture, dying of a heart attack with his head cradled in Anne's lap. Doug, walking in just as the scene ended asked in a voice thick with concern, "Die? Die? The man die?" Rayna exclaimed, "Yes, Doug! He got stepped on by a cow and died!" There were cows in the field, but, certainly none had stepped anywhere near poor fallen Matthew! We would have never known how RAYNA had just interpreted the scene had she not felt compelled to fill Doug in!











8 comments:
Don't you just love these translations?!!?! Good thing she's not a teenager... cuz then some might laugh AT her, not at her. :)
Oh, that is too funny! I don't remember Matthew being killed by a cow.....:-)
I just might have to watch that movie now to see the cow step on Matthew! That girl is a mess! But such an adorable one. Can't believe how fast Darcy has grown up!
She is a hoot!
I understand stepped on by a cow better than a heart attack, hee hee.
I just love the thought process they have.
I was with some friends last weekend. My friend's six year old daughter piped in out of the blue and asked, "Mom, is President Bush teaching Obama how to be president?" It caught all of us off guard, and it was so funny!!
I LOVE Anne of Green Gables!!! I have it on VHS some where around here, but we don't have a video player any more!
Happy New Year, again!!
I love Anne of Green Gables!
I love the interpretation of Matthew's death! How cute!
Happy New Year!
Monica....I was laughing out loud at little Rayna...that was so funny!
Post a Comment