Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Seventh Birthday Wrap-up:




Rayna took rainbow cupcakes to treat her first grade class today, for her birthday. As soon as I picked the kids up from school, we ran Darcy over to the YMCA fields for soccer tryouts. Then, the two younger kids and I came on home. Rayna and I crashed and took an unplanned hour nap while Doug watched his DVD. Then, on a whim, we ran down to the Snip and Clip to follow up on Rayna's recently voiced desire to cut her hair. Half an hour later, we were back home and Grant was loading us all up in the van to go pick Darcy up from soccer tryouts and take all of us to Springfield to meet Rayna's Aunt Jan and Uncle Eric at Incredible Pizza. The movie showing there tonight was "Mary Poppins". We also spent some time in the cartoon room, too. I forgot to bring candles for Rayna's cake, but that didn't stop her from "blowing" her "candles" out, anyway! (Thanks for the cake, Grandma and Grandpa B!) The kids all had a blast in the game room after we finished eating. Definitely a fun night. We got back home several hours past normal school night bedtime, so, I'm sure there'll be three sleepy kids in the morning!

6 comments:

Middle-Aged Moi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RAYNA!!!!!!I love that last pic!

vivacemusica said...

Wow, Rayna is SEVEN? Happy Birthday! What a character, and such an adorable, beautiful princess. Love the photo of the birthday girl hanging onto her uncle. That haircut suits her perfectly too!

Karen said...

Hi there !!! I am a new reader of your blog, I found you over at "Always in my Heart".... I have two girls from China, Kelly, age 8, from Yangzhou, and Shannon, age 6, from Feixi. The reason I was immediately hooked on your blog, is that you keep mentioning SPRINGFIELD !!!! That is my favorite place on earth (besides Branson of course), because my Mom lives in SGF and we go there EVERY summer. If you go to my blog, to my "year of pictures" at the end of December, there are a bunch of cool pictures from Branson !! Table Rock Lake Flooding !! We haven't been to Incredible Pizza yet, we have to check that out next summer. Anyway, nice to meet you...
Karen, upstate NY (between Albany and Saratoga)

Anonymous said...

it makes Eric's day to have his little niece want have his attention

Anonymous said...

His little niece certainly hangs on tight, especially when it is time to say "Good-bye"! For a bit, there, I didn't think he was going to be able to shake her loose!

RamblingMother said...

Look at Rayna's strength. What a fun party.