You Know What They Say About Old Dogs...
You can't teach them new tricks? Well, I fit that adage to a "T"! I think I just completed my most frustrating day at work, ever. Not my WORST day at work ever, but certainly my most frustrating. Our department is piloting some new software that is the most user-unfriendly, non-navigable, needlessly complicated and convuluted, confusingly redundant piece of software I have ever encountered in my entire life. And we are stuck with it forever. Gone is the concise, clear, user-friendly DOS based software that worked wonderfully for us all these years...discarded by the wayside because it doesn't "flow" like this poorly designed windows based software does. Translation: before, whatever we in Home Health wrote stayed in Home Health. Now, whatever we in Home Health write flows to everyone in the greater CMH system--to the computers in the outlying doctors' offices and the numerous extended care facilities and our hospital...all of which is really nice EXCEPT THE PRICE WE ARE PAYING FOR THIS NIFTY FEATURE is that we are abandoning what worked really well for what works really poorly (in this old dog's estimation, at least!). ....sigh.... the price of "progress". (Completing the computer-work on an admission used to take me 4-6 hours. With our new and improved software, it only takes me FOURTEEN HOURS. Don't we just love change and progress?!)











3 comments:
Ack! I am one who hates the new when it comes to computers. And it turns out that sometimes I am right! (Vista anyone?)
Sorry for this change... it sounds absolutely frustrating.
Wish sometimes we could just walk out of nursing!!!
Don't know why they can't get the old thing of "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!" Lisa, I totally understand. I left work Thursday evening so mad after talking to a doctor who was a total jerk, I could have just SPIT!!! But, when you have the person that tells you they don't know what they would do without, it's worth it, right?
Post a Comment