Monday, March 23, 2009

Cousins

Darcy, Rayna and Doug were delighted to get to hang out with Annika and Frankie this weekend! All of Grandpa B's grandkids were there to have their photo with him, except Audra Jo (in Oklahoma, & same age as Rayna).

I have no idea what my sister and I were both looking down at...possibly the ground to see if I was standing on higher ground than she was(?), since, I recall at the time I was puzzling over why she was not much more taller than I am. I always remembered my little sister being a LOT taller than I am, yet, when we were standing side by side, I was surprised that she wasn't really much taller than I am, after all... or, maybe it WAS that I was standing on higher spot of ground!

Frankie and Annika had a blast showing my kids all the animal tracks they had found in the woods! There were raccoon prints down at the stream and lots of deer tracks all over. However, when Frankie excitedly showed Doug and Rayna "wolf" prints and told them that the wolves only come out at night(!), it looked a lot like a large dog print!

Later that evening, we played Disney Screen-It and the team of Annika and Darcy thoroughly romped us all (though, I must admit that the Aunt Reena, Rayna, Doug team was in first place for at least half of the game! The Aunt Monica, Frankie, Grandma B. team was pretty pathetic! Aunt Monica didn't know any of the answers. Frankie was too tired and cold to participate much. And Grandma B deserted us altogether! The lesson learned, was "get on Aunt Reena's team if you want lots of excitement and enthusiasm...get on Darcy's team if you want to win...get on Aunt Monica's team if you would really rather nap"!) Later, that evening, Reena, Doug, and I played a number of rounds of Uno. I had no idea Doug knew how to play Uno! Evidently they play Uno in school! Who knew! I also did not realize that the makers of Uno have betrayed me by REMOVING THE WORDS from the cards! How am I suppose to know two arrows mean "Reverse"? Or that a zero with a line through it means "Skip"?! I can't believe they deleted all the words off the cards like that! You know either life is unfair or you are getting too old when UNO makes you feel stupid and leaves you having to show your cards to your opponent and stupidly implore, "What does THIS one mean?"! My little sister claims the cards have looked this way "for years" now. Well, my cards at home look NOTHING like that, and I like them a lot better, thank you!

It was awfully good to get to see Reena and the girls again! I wish we could have visited longer. At least we will get to see Reena and Anni again in May...
















4 comments:

Nadine said...

What nice pictures. Looks like they all had fun visiting.

Uno took the words off? That's just wrong if you ask me.

Always a Southern Girl said...

Playing with the cousins is always fun. We had a house full this weekend too. Family all over. But so much fun!!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

What GREAT pictures!

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just stopping by with the blog party! It looks like you have such a big, happy family! Your kids are lucky to have lots of cousins!