Time for Another Birthday!
First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANT!!!
Grant turned 47 years old today. After he finished teaching his last class (at 2:00), we all headed to Springfield to do a bit of shopping for a DVD he would like (the non-Keno version of Buster Keaton's "The General"). He thought he had seen it in Springfield, but we weren't able to find it today. We ate at the Great Wall Buffet and he thoroughly enjoyed the crab legs! Then we headed on home since Darcy needed to be off to D-Now (a discipleship weekend) by 7 pm.
The kids had "early out" today. So, after picking them up from school, the little kids and I took Darcy to get her hair cut. She donated 14 inches to Locks of Love just 15 months ago. Today, she donated another 11 inches to Locks of Love or Pantene...not sure which of the two the salon will send her braid to! That kid's hair grows FAST! She loves her new cut. I wanted to get a photo of it, but she is such a difficult target to nail down. The moment she realizes I am about to take her picture, her hands fly up over her face, or she flips her head the other direction, or she screws her face up in a obviously tortured irritated "smile" if I INSIST she turn back around and face me with a smile. I did manage to get a couple of photos of her using the telephoto feature of my camera while she was hanging out on the front lawn TALKING on the phone. Which, actually, is a very natural pose! She has the cordless home phone attached to her ear all evening until 9pm when she can begin using her cell phone.
(Trivia: Darcy and I have been watching Survivor this season since one of the contestants lives in Bolivar. This has been the week for Survivor sitings. We saw our local survivor at McDonalds two nights ago and at the hair salon this afternoon.)











9 comments:
Happy Birthday, Grant!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GRANT!!!! Sorry I missed it by a couple of hours. Hope you had a good one.
Darcy....GREAT haircut!!! It is just adorable!! VERY flattering! I was considering asking about going to see Rhonda Vincent this year, BUT.....I don't think I can take seeing the guys looking at you and I KNOW Aunt Ruth would just BLOW A GASKET!!! So, that may just have to be your parents' responsibility now!!! :-)
I am so proud of you Darcy!! The new do looks so gorgeous!
Happy birthday to Grant, have a wonderful weekend..
Well, Jean...if Darcy RESPONDED to the guys like her little sister does, her parents would already have blown their own gaskets. Fortunately, thus far she appears impervious to the flock of young men scrambling for her attention. She's not a girl to swoon over ANYBODY (she is so unlike little sister, thankfully). So, the parents aren't in a panic.
Now RAYNA is a different story altogether. But, beings she is only seven, we can control her environment and keep her on a very, very short leash!
Rayna might need to be locked up in the cellar until she's 25!!! I will have to see what days Rhonda will be there. Of course, the sport world might dictate differently than what we would like to do.
Rayna might need to be locked up in the cellar until she's 25!!! I will have to see what days Rhonda will be there. Of course, the sport world might dictate differently than what we would like to do.
Happy Birthday, Grant! I still remember when I came for a sleep-over to your house when I was a freshman in college and brought those weird Bunuel films on tape because I'd heard that Grant liked silent films.
He is a patient, *patient* man is all I have to say about that.
That one photo of Darcy (side view, where it looks like her hair is swept up) makes her look like she is 20 and ready to take on the world. Wow.
Did you know that one of the winners of Survivor was in my graduating high school class? We were in the marching band together. It's a small survivor world.
Love the hair, and the motive behind getting it cut. My mom had to have brain surgery in 2005, and she was so thankful for the wig that was given to her :)
Now, do tell! Does this certain Survivor person look richer??? Do they look like they "Survived?" ;)
Terrye in FL
I think the way it works is that the million dollar winner isn't announced until the end of the airing season. (The show was taped late October through early December last year, but just began showing on television last month.)
I found a photo of our hometown survivor on the internet that was taken last December when he resurfaced in California and he looked STARVED and haggard. So, my assumption is that he either made it all the way to the end, or very nearly to the end...because, if he had gotten booted out early or spent most of his time at the end sitting on the jury, he would have had time to put some weight back on.
These days, he is back to his normal weight and looks healthy and fit. He doesn't look rich yet, but, like I said, I'm thinking nobody knows who the winner is (so no money given) until the END of the season...when they all gather back together again for that final show when the jury votes are counted (here in the United States, rather than in the country the show was taped in). That's my guess, anyway.
Post a Comment