Friday, March 27, 2009

Overheard

We had not yet opened our bedroom door this morning, when there came a little tap, tap, tap on the door. Grant called out, "What do you need?" and our youngest replied, "Don't forget about my SLEEP-OVER today!"

Apparently she was worried that we were sleeping in so late she might miss getting taken to the long awaited birthday party of her friend...which doesn't begin until 4:00pm TONIGHT?!

Her daddy reassured her that we had indeed NOT forgotten about her sleep-over and it was still many, many hours until it would be time to leave for it. As she skipped back to her own room, we heard her singing softly trailing away..."Ohhhh ho ho...I get to have time away from the fam-i-ly!"

And here I just thought it was our 13 year old that couldn't wait to get away from us...now I discover our 7 year old is also ecstatic at the possibility of getting away from us!

sigh

Parents are so under-appreciated!

9 comments:

kerri said...

ROTFL!

LaLa said...

Too funny..mainly b/c it is your girls and not mine, YET!

Carrie said...

I had that happen to me . My 7 year old boy said, don't kiss me in public someone might be looking! Boy that popped my Mama bubble!

RamblingMother said...

So do you think she will make it all night?

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm wagering she won't have a bit of trouble making it through the night without us. Our girls were both born with wings!

Middle-Aged Moi said...

Ain't that the truth, sister. :-)

Always a Southern Girl said...

That is the cutest story. She must have been so excited.

comingaroundagain said...

Ha! I would have loved that too, at seven years old (even if I was shy; I still loved going to my friends' houses). ;-)

C's Mom said...

I can laugh now but I know my day is coming ;0)