Shopping Finds
Darcy and several of her friends spent Saturday afternoon looking for a graduation dress. I have to admit, it was TRAUMATIC for her father...not the process of shopping, but the shock of seeing his daughter in the dress she had picked out. It is apparent that when we weren't looking, she became a young lady. Grant was ready to veto her choice in dress. In the end, he was talked into a compromise...she could get the dress she had her heart set on if she covered her bare shoulders with a jacket or sweater. Even then, he really wanted her to wear something much more conservative. Poor guy. Even if she wears a floor length, turtle neck, long sleeved flour sack, it will still be obvious that she has become a young lady. I'm just glad she wanted to wear a DRESS to graduation. It's hard to remember the last time she WANTED to wear a dress...the last time I can remember was when she was five years old and she spotted a Asian looking dress that she just had to have.
(Need I mention I had a miserable time trying to get a decent picture of her in her dress? First off, she kept pooching her belly way out, then she resorted to cheesy, clench teethed, eyes shut smiles. Teenagers are so annoying to try and photograph!)
While Darcy and her friends were shopping for dresses, Rayna and I went to Build-a-Bear and she spent what was left of her birthday money on a Hannah Montana Bear. I couldn't resist picking up a Batman outfit there. Doug was delighted to get it and soon, the cat that I brought home for him from Chicago three years ago was transformed into a bat cat!











2 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!!! What EVER happened to that sweet little girl!!!!!! That just doesn't seem possible! She does look gorgeous, though. And, if course, the other two are so cute! I vote to put a brick o all their heads!
Beautiful. That means there is hope for G who told me this morning that even if God wanted her to get married and she "married a husband" then she would "still wear blue jeans and a t-shirk". Heh
Post a Comment